“Comfortable, modern coffee shop” 5 of 5 bubbles

Brown Coffee and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 73 Coffee & Tea in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Comfortable, modern coffee shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am new to Phnom Penh and was looking for a little taste of home. This place is super comfortable, clean, modern-looking and prices are somewhat reasonable. You pay for the comfort. There's free WiFi, clean American toilets, great coffee options, and pastries. I had a pain au chocolate which made my day. There are couches, comfortable lounging chairs, and tables to work at.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jkraska

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Franklin, Tennessee
“This place was a daily staple!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

If Brown came to America, it would obliterate all the chains. The service was incredible (they would come take your order if you were staying there for a while), the coffee was really superb, every shop had a fantastic ambiance... Seriously, I was here at least twice a day. You must go to Brown if you visit Phnom Penh!

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank jonathanfrazier
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Nice experience and will be going back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stopped into Brown on a co-workers recommendation. The staff were very friendly. I ordered a green tea latte which was delicious. My husband and I probably hung out there for two hours using the internet and wanting relief from the afternoon heat. My favorite cafe that we've visited so far in Phnom Pehn. Definitely will be going back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic ambience. Great coffee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was brought here by my tuk tuk driver as it was a 'nice coffee place near my hotel'. Turns out there were 2 Brown's within a couple blocks. When I first entered, the wonderful ambience already made quite the positive impression. The service staff were pleasant and greeted all cheerfully. I had a nice caramel macchiato and the coffee was wonderful. Didn't have anything to eat though. Stayed there for a good 2 hours writing and reading.

Later I had trouble finding my way back to my hotel as my regular tuk tuk driver was not available. The 'lost driver' brought me back to Brown (that's when I realised there was 2 in the vicinity!!). They were already closed but the staff were really nice to help me out and I eventually got back safely.

Will definitely walk into any BROWN again anytime.

• Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Good atmosphere and overall positive and welcoming vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Brown Coffee is one of my standard places when I have a meeting, meet up with friends, or simply use the internet. At times connection is slow but the Americano hits the spot. For the business community here in Phnom Penh and expats, Brown is a good place to go.

Well run and well managed...and as always my big criteria....customer service. Brown employees are very friendly and eager to serve.

• Visited July 2012