“Coriander - True Treat for your Tastebuds!”
Review of Coriander Indian

Coriander Indian
Ranked #59 of 1,611 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaste! CORIANDER INDIAN RESTAURANT is your favourite Indian restaurant in Cambodia. where you need to visit if you are visiting Phnom Penh, to enjoy the finest of Indian cuisines in its NEW AVATAR. Delectable traditional dishes with culinary twist, to add a dash of spice to your experience. Coriander Indian is a 40 seating restaurant set in a contemporary & family environment. We serve the highest standards of Indian cuisines and ensure the satisfaction of our customers. Besides dining, we also provide home delivery service and arrange party catering on various occasions
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was in Phnom Penh for 5 days and had my food here. What a surprise! My taste buds have never been treated with such a delightful food before in a restaurant. It is a small but a very tastefully done up restaurant. The vegetarian food is incredibly tasty everything freshly made. Masalas, paneer, everything... freshly made. I tested and tasted different types of food from Jeera rice to Baingan Bharta. Every single food had the that special taste in it! The creamy tomato soup is something which I have fallen in love with. The spaghetti sauce was so different from the ones I have tasted before, believe me something that they prepare freshly too. Everything fresh about this restaurant. This place pulled me in back again and again, they take a bit of time to prepare, but the chefs made it worth a wait every time! Two of the dishes I don't prefer to eat in restaurants are Malai Kofta and Palak Paneer, as they dont taste good if not fresh. Oh boy! Coriander made me like them for the first time. Basmati rice was very flowery and light and every side dish I could feel the efforts the chef had put in. Incredibly skilful chefs and service crew who listen to you!

The best of the vegetarian restaurant that I have had till I got to know this place now takes a distant 2nd place! Coriander is in its own league of the best on par with the likes of Punjabi grill in Singapore probably for taste (if not definitely better) but far less in terms of the prices. The quantity of servings are very good too and the taste of food is super so good allowing me to finish them completely. Everything so good about this place, the ambience, the taste and the people. I will not go any where but Coriander if I visit Cambodia again! They serve ASEAN, Western and Indian vegetarian food. Your taste buds are well taken care here. Please visit and you wont be disappointed at all. You are in for a spicy experience in Cambodia! I love this wonderful cute restaurant.

6  Thank shanki76

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We order from here all the time and have gone to the restaurant a couple of times. The food is consistently the best Indian in town, the best vegetarian, great price, great service-- basically no complaints. It's not oversalted mush like you get with so many vegetarian places, not to mention Indian. Highly recommend.

4  Thank littleb7190
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I am a vegetarian and always looking for a good vegetarian clean place. It's a small restaurant with Hindi speaking staff. We ordered paneer tikka, vegetable pakora, butter paneer masala, palak paneer and vegetable korma. Everything was delicious.
And do try Masala Chai! ☕

4  Thank Jyoti S
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have eaten numerous times at Coriander over the past couple of years, and the high quality of its reasaonably priced, delicious and well prepared Indian vegetarian food has remained consistent. Simple wood decor, compact, nothing fancy, but staff are friendly, selection is good, portions are generous and the cuisine is always tasty. Vegetable biryani is great with a side of fresh raita, thali is generously portioned, lassi (banana, mango, sweet, salt) always lovely, although could be a bit thicker for my liking but that is minor. This place is popular with local NGO staff, so you may find yourself in the midst of a lunch meeting...but no worries, the food never disappoints. (And for those expat kiddies who might not be so adventurous, there is even a small selection of spaghetti, burgers (must be veggie?), etc. ). And free wi-fi also. Keep up the good work/food Coriander!

4  Thank WClimenhaga
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have tried almost every indian restaurant in Phnom Penh in my half year stay and ended up my search in coriander vegetarian restaurant. I'll describe it in one line "true indian food" :)

2  Thank kapil_mittal