“Ladyboys and terrible people AVOID AT ALL COST”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Candy Bar

Candy Bar
Ranked #70 of 99 Nightlife in Phnom Penh
Bangkok
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ladyboys and terrible people AVOID AT ALL COST”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place is the worst I have seen in any city I have visited. Prices are higher than other bars and the girls are extremely pushy as the khmer manger underpays them so they have to make a living being pushy for lady-drinks they actually even steal from customers, and I have experienced this first hand. I reported it to the khmer manger, but she did not care, maybe she did not grasp the concept of happy returning customers. So if you go there, stay clear of ladies, lady boys and enjoy your overpriced beer.

Visited July 2013
8 Thank I P f

Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“CANDY BAR AND THINGS SUGAR COATED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great bar with very good staff,the girls add COMFORT to any visit,i use this bar every day and have found the girls to be HONEST,CARING,BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE A FULL GRASP OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAUGE.candy bar is a girliebar,the girls get $2 aday,not a great wage but they get 50% of drinks bought for them.the girls range from18-50+ and are all decent people.my review is not clouded through drink as i have been on the wagon for 13months.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gary G
Tauranga, New Zealand
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Average experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Myself and 2 mates went here about mid day
The whole vibe of the place was jaded and un interested
I imagine evenings are more lively
I had one Girl deliberately bump into me and claim I had felt her backside so she then claimed she was due a drink from me!!!
after I refused the mood of the girls went decidedly down hill
But with only 6 guys in the bar it was a bit suffercating with girls wanting drinks Until bumping incident
Only reason we went was it was 24 hour bar and we wanted a change from walkabout
overall I was not impressed by candy bar BUT will give it a chance by visiting it in the evening next time I am in P.P to see if that helps it to be more memorable
The best girl there was an off duty cashier who worked the night shift
As usual she only worked the till and didn't go with customers arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
As for reports I read of dodgy billing with so few people there I think they wouldn't have tried on with us during the day
Also given by the time I left I was getting combative with girls there attitudes and there grizzling about drinks

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Nathan L
Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Was here several years ago..was one of my favourite night spots..now its a den of thieves...constantly over charging..corrupt girls who will add drinks onto your bill without asking..keep an eye on your phone..many people i know have had one nicked from here..you have been warned.!!!

Visited May 2013
7 Thank gazawest
Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Absolutely AVOID this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Dangerous place. Careful - complete scam. Watch out for outrageous bills, nasty security guys, bouncers. Pretty girls and decent drinks - but get ready for the action when the bill comes. Again - avoid at all costs. We had a terrible experience here, and have heard similar stories from fellow travellers when we asked around.

Visited May 2013