“great bar/lounge/restaurant atop a great hotel”
Review of The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element
Ranked #357 of 1,474 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop, with a 360 degree view, you will embrace the whole of Phnom Penh.Lounge area and bar are combined with a restaurant serving european and khmer cuisine. Special order can also be provided (private diner, different type of cuisine)
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very nice staff, very creative and proud manager that really puts thought into his creations. Backed up by great owners. Really made my stay in Cambodia a special moment.

There are newer reviews for The Fifth Element

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food was ok. The prices ok but the restaurant lacked atmosphere. Very nice spot in top of 5 storey building. Worth a try nonetheless.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited for lunch on a Friday and had the whole restaurant to ourselves. Cocktails and entrees/starters good but mains overcooked - a bit sad as they were the only meals cooked that lunchtime.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the reviews we were expecting something very special. The setting is great, on a rooftop terrace above a hotel, but we found the service to be somewhat lacking and the food not particularly tasty, perhaps dumbed down for tourists? Ok spot for sunset drinks.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant on top of La Maison d'Ambre is not far from where I live; it was my next-door neighbor who mentioned about it. After a particularly busy week, I decided it was too much hard work to cook at home, and decided to go to this rooftop place instead… and I'm glad I did.
From the moment I stepped out of the elevator, I was blown away by the view from the rooftop terrace -- I even found my favorite spot, and sat there straight away. Verak Bo Chhim (the manager) and his team looked after me; he recommended the right drinks to have before, during and after my meal.
I have gone back there many times since -- and almost always sit on my favorite spot! -- and the food and service from Verak and his team are always top notch. If you're looking to escape from the hustle and bustle that Phnom Penh sometimes becomes, The Fifth Element is the best place to be.

2  Thank Jaime G