“An Oasis in the middle of Phnom Penh”
Review of The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element
Ranked #357 of 1,474 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop, with a 360 degree view, you will embrace the whole of Phnom Penh.Lounge area and bar are combined with a restaurant serving european and khmer cuisine. Special order can also be provided (private diner, different type of cuisine)
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant on top of La Maison d'Ambre is not far from where I live; it was my next-door neighbor who mentioned about it. After a particularly busy week, I decided it was too much hard work to cook at home, and decided to go to this rooftop place instead… and I'm glad I did.
From the moment I stepped out of the elevator, I was blown away by the view from the rooftop terrace -- I even found my favorite spot, and sat there straight away. Verak Bo Chhim (the manager) and his team looked after me; he recommended the right drinks to have before, during and after my meal.
I have gone back there many times since -- and almost always sit on my favorite spot! -- and the food and service from Verak and his team are always top notch. If you're looking to escape from the hustle and bustle that Phnom Penh sometimes becomes, The Fifth Element is the best place to be.

2  Thank Jaime G
There are newer reviews for The Fifth Element

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We found this restaurant through tripadvisor and it sounded interesting with its roof terrace location. On the 5th floor of La Maison D'Ambre Hotel in 110 Street you wouldn't know it was there from the street but it is definitely worth a visit for a drink and/or a meal. Go into the hotel lobby and take the lift to the 5th floor. You will be welcomed by the very courteous staff who will treat you well with personal attention throughout your visit. Bon, the waiter, was particularly friendly and even asked us our names and referred to them while serving us. The menu is simple and generally inexpensive which makes choosing easier than in many other restaurants with more extensive menus. There are nice touches like olives, nuts and crisps served at the beginning of the meal and very fresh bread with butter to follow. We paid US$28 for two and that included a main course and dessert and a drink each. The Khmer food we chose was some of the best we have had anywhere in SE Asia. As a bonus there are not many buildings in Phnom Penh taller than 5 floors so the view looks out over the city.

2  Thank malinsa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

great breakfast, lunch and dinner.. the cocktails are extremely good and the sunset view of Phnom Penh is not to be missed!

1  Thank kawitchou
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The fifth element is La Maison d'Ambre's rooftop restaurant and bar, so we were able to enjoy it morning day and night. The breakfasts are great value (for 7$ you had a real filling breakfast) lunch and dinner delicious and dont miss their cocktails! the bar manager is extremely attentive to his guests and nothing seems like too much trouble. This place is a real gem in Phom Penh

2  Thank papicha44
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Once you had a walkabout the capital look for this place to wind down in a fresh and very cool terrace al fresco on the top floor with a great view where the atmosphere is brilliant specially at dusk.
Whether you come up for a relaxing refreshment after a long day or dinner you can enjoy both, the staff is friendly and very welcoming... The food is french style and you can find local dishes as well along with a special menu... come to desserts ask for the assorted one...
We had a light dinner and is not to be compared with street prices but we enjoyed every minute of it, the atmosphere, the tranquility and obviosly the food... Very recommendable if you are around!

1  Thank Fhuesa