“Pretty good but a bit weird”

Seeing Hands Massage Center
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wanted to try this place because of the great reviews and to support a good cause. We saw two 'Seeing Hands' in Phnom Penh but I think the real one is by the post office. That's the one we went to. My boyfriend and I didn't have appointments but we were seen right away. For $7, we each got a 1 hour body massage. The place itself doesn't seem very clean. The room we were being massaged in had about 6 beds and was co-ed. There is a small curtained area to change but not a ton of privacy. The masseurs have varying levels of English. My masseur, Sopia, had excellent English and was very nice. It was strange, however, to be in a room with so many others getting massages who are moaning and groaning. Some of the masseurs were burping loudly while massaging you, answering their cell phones, and taking long bathroom breaks in the middle of your massage. It wasn't exactly quiet and peaceful. Overall, though, it was a good massage and it felt good to be supporting people with disabilities, since I think they face a lot more challenges in Cambodia than in the West.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Unwind at this great "do good" business. For a measy $7-$10 you get 1 hour and 15 minute massage by a blind masseuse. These masseuses have to "feel" their way around your body which makes for a different and unique massage experience. I would recommend getting a private room if at all possible as sometimes the massuses sleep in the communal room and Cambodians can snore like no other. Located near the Post Office and Wat Phnom, it is one of the best deals in town. Don't be fooled by fakes and knock offs, the one by the Post Office is the original and has been operating since the 1990's.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to the outlet across Friends. It was USD10 for the lavender oil massage. The reception was friendly, and you walk in a very dark and tiny staircase leading into a room with a small door. It was a bit strange, but still, the atmosphere was ok.

There were 2 mattresses and you would be asked to strip to your underwear. The room is very dimly lit, which I suppose is for relaxation purposes. There is ac on. The masseuse will knock on the door before she enters, so be sure to reply and let her in as she can't see you.

The massage was not great, she did not really sort the kinks in my body and there was some calluses or something on her palms. I still wouldn't mind this as I get to help people with disabilities to earn their money, but I was not pleased that when I was lying on my back, in my underwear only, the male receptionist entered the room to fiddle with the aircon remote, perhaps to make sure the room was adequately cool enough.

The massage wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. I did not leave relaxed after this experience. Recommended only if you'd like to contribute to a good cause, but I guess if you just dropped by and donated money it would still be OK. I would rather do that than have a massage here again.

3  Thank lauryn6061
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a back and foot massage at the outlet across from Friends restaurant, and I felt very comfortable and relaxed. I've had many massages during my travels through SE Asia, but this one was definitely the best one I've had. The staff were very friendly and professional and the masseurs were well-trained. It's certainly value for money. If you'd like a decent massage in Phnom Penh, I strongly recommend the Seeing Hands organisation.

2  Thank Caroline N
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The centre is across the road from the post office and around the corner from Wat Phnom, so it makes a good end to a visit there.

the massage rooms have multiple tables and you're given a masseuse the same gender as you are. they give you an outfit to wear and then place towels over you where they massage.

My masseuse was a bit ho hum about it and I'd not say it was the best I'd ever had but the experience is one you shouldn't miss.

1  Thank BeautifulSights