“Not improved in the 6 months since my last visit.”
Review of Botanic Cafe - CLOSED

Botanic Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Not improved in the 6 months since my last visit.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I reviewed this cafe about 6 months ago, just after it had been opened, and was disappointed then. The manager replied to my review, saying that improvements would be made, but they haven't.

We were greeted on arrival, but then had to wait a very long time for a glass of water. Meanwhile, another guy was just standing there with menus, but wouldn't give them to us until the laboriously slow task of placing 2 place mate and 2 glasses of water was complete.

We ordered tea with milk to drink. This took another age, but arrived with no sugar. We asked for sugar. 5 minutes later we got tiny jugs of sugar syrup, but no teaspoons. Oh, and the tea was in glasses which were too hot to pick up.

The food eventually came too. My crepes were rubbery, and the tuna mayonnaise in my wife's sandwich was definitely missing lemon juice. Very disappointing, so I won't be returning.

• Visited January 2013
BotanicCafe A, founder and partner at Botanic Cafe, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear sir
Sorry for late respond as we are concern about your comment, now we have new program in evening call Dine in the Dark, It is social enterprise , we have impaired visible staff from kroursar Khmer organization. We promote social enterprise as our policy of business.
We have new chef who is creative secret menu for set of dinner...it is amazing as you will eat in dark room...on first floor . but if your prefer to sit and have normal dinner we also serve you food and At night, we have lounge as well,
By the way, day time upstair we also have AC room and soon we will display regular art work as exhibition we had done depend on schedule.We try to promote your Khmer artist to present their art work.
Please try our new program and i hope we will make you enjoy it
Thank you very much for your comment and keep in touch with us
Regards
Sarunya Lormaneenopparat
Founder of Botanic ,partner of Dine in The Dark

Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh, Cambodia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Art and Restaurant,”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It is the unique place in the city center where people can enjoy their quietness and natural green garden on the back and front. Sometimes, I, myself, enjoy the gallery show on the first floor, photos exhibition from many sources, local and foreigners. And sometimes, I buys souvenirs for my friends and enjoy the coffee and some western foods as wishes.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Hong Y
BotanicCafe A, partner at Botanic Cafe, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear sir,
Thank you for your comment I would like to inform you that we now have new program call dine in the dark on evening of first floor but we also have schedule for any new art exhibition, we still keep in touch with art gallery, if you have chance to visit us again, please enjoy
Sarunya
PArtner
Bangkok
“Unique Decoration and Excellent Location”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Refreshment at the Botanic Cafe is highly recommended after a visit to Royal Palace or the Musuem. In-style building and its decoration is unique, nice, and cosy. I love the place as it was like enjoying my coffee in an art gallery.

• Visited June 2012
Battamban, null, Cambodia
“Nice!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

A nice creative design cafe place where we can relax and have a cold drinking with many kind of snack. Nice location where is nearby the Royal Palace and National Museum in Phnom Penh. It's not so big, yet every piece of space is designed to be very useful. Let visit there when you come to visit Phnom Penh!

• Visited June 2012
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“The food was disappointing.”
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

The small garden setting is quite nice, with a choice of seating types and lots of plants, but some music would have been nicer. Service was slow. The food was disappointing; my egg mayonnaise sandwich was small and the filling was warm. With such a limited menu, keeping some hard-boiled eggs cold in the refrigerator would save time and give the customer what he wants.

BotanicCafe A, Owner at Botanic Cafe, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Hi, we now evaluate and we have abit problem as last week is election day public government on 3rd of June therefore some of our staffs were away to home town that why we are sorry for the mistake.
Btw our menu will be more review for kids menu and also healthy and eastern menu, that we will add by this month.
Thank you and apologized for this inconvenience
From sarunya Owner of botanic art- cafe