“Ok food, but great prices” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Laughing Fatman
Ranked #121 of 1,382 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, Asian, Cambodian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Ok food, but great prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for lunch after a friend had suggested that we eat here. The staff were very friendly and welcomed us in right away. I ordered the mixed fruit smoothie, which was good, but more like a shake because of the ice cream, but on a hot day it was very refreshing. I ordered the fried pineapple with beef which was so-so. I loved the pineapple, but the flavor of the beef was off to me and the sauce lacked flavor. My husband ordered the Khmer beef stir fry with spices which he said was only ok. Our overall experience there wasn't a bad one until twice we were bothered by children coming into the restaurant and begging us to buy various items. Not ok while I'm trying to eat my lunch. I do like the prices. We ordered two plates of food, a smoothie, two beers and a large bottle of water for only $8.75 US. We won't be going back again though.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cupcakelove0618
Rith S, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your supported us, we are very happy to be a good service and cooking a very good food for you. I hope, we will see you again in Phnom Penh.

Best regard from the Laughing Fat man

Stamford, Connecticut
“Decent food, terrible drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Food was okay, and they were willing to make substitutions on the side dishes. Drinks were not enjoyable, we tried the mojito, laughing fatman, and margarita.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jen B
Rith S, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your advice in 23 July 2012 about our drink's mistake. I'm fatman the owner of laughing fatman restaurant do appologie to you and we hope that you'll understand about our situation while you been here. I will see you agian if possible and make the special Magarita Laughing fatman and the best Mojito of restaurant for you by my own. Thank you very much and look for award to you.
Sierra Vista
“I eat here often”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times. The service is always friendly and I enjoy the food. I have met the owner a few times and appreciate his good attitude. This is a casual inexpensive restaurant with good food and a caring staff. I always look forward to returning.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Travelinman45
Rith S, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your supported my restaurant, I am very happy do everything good for all of the customers. I am waiting any complaint from all of you for improving.

Best Regard from (Laughing Fatman)
Vienna, Austria
“Felt like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

During my stay in Phnom Penh I accidently stumbled across this restaurant/bar. The food was excellent, cheap, came in good portions and so were the drinks. The staff was so incredibly nice (thanks Sreng and Sony!) and warm hearted, it felt like home. Also the other guests were all really laid back and nice. Altogether I must confess, I spent way too much time in this bar and as a result, I didn't see thaaaaat much of Phnom Penh.

The owners, Sreng and his lovely wife Sony, really take care for their customers. They talk to you in good English, have a drink with you, sometimes play the guitar and just hang out.

If you don't expect a high class restaurant, but want a laid back bar with good food, drinks and good vibes - check out the Laughing Fatman.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Best Regard from (Laughing Fatman)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful place...highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stumbled onto this place a few months ago and have been coming back ever since. Every night, this place is packed. The place has a ton of loyal regulars coming in everyday, so you know they offer fantastic value. The food is delicious, the staff are genuinely friendly and the portions are excellent. Food and drinks are very inexpensive. They have many western and khmer dishes but will do whatever they can to make sure you have a good dining experience. I highly recommend this place. Try any of the chicken dishes which are prepared very well as the chicken breast is very moist and flavorful.

• Visited June 2012
, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your suport our place, we are very very happy to make a good service for you, and keep to make a good quality food.

Best regard (laughing fatman)