“I eat here often”

The Laughing Fatman
Ranked #122 of 1,403 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, Asian, Cambodian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Busy bar/restaurant in a busy street behind the museum and the river. We have an extensive menu of both asian and European food, also pizza's and burgers. Late night we have a vibrant crowd with great music and a great atmosphere. We also have an extensive Cocktail menu at the most competitive prices in Phnom Penh.
Sierra Vista
“I eat here often”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times. The service is always friendly and I enjoy the food. I have met the owner a few times and appreciate his good attitude. This is a casual inexpensive restaurant with good food and a caring staff. I always look forward to returning.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Travelinman45
Rith S, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your supported my restaurant, I am very happy do everything good for all of the customers. I am waiting any complaint from all of you for improving.

Vienna, Austria
“Felt like home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

During my stay in Phnom Penh I accidently stumbled across this restaurant/bar. The food was excellent, cheap, came in good portions and so were the drinks. The staff was so incredibly nice (thanks Sreng and Sony!) and warm hearted, it felt like home. Also the other guests were all really laid back and nice. Altogether I must confess, I spent way too much time in this bar and as a result, I didn't see thaaaaat much of Phnom Penh.

The owners, Sreng and his lovely wife Sony, really take care for their customers. They talk to you in good English, have a drink with you, sometimes play the guitar and just hang out.

If you don't expect a high class restaurant, but want a laid back bar with good food, drinks and good vibes - check out the Laughing Fatman.

• Visited September 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful place...highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stumbled onto this place a few months ago and have been coming back ever since. Every night, this place is packed. The place has a ton of loyal regulars coming in everyday, so you know they offer fantastic value. The food is delicious, the staff are genuinely friendly and the portions are excellent. Food and drinks are very inexpensive. They have many western and khmer dishes but will do whatever they can to make sure you have a good dining experience. I highly recommend this place. Try any of the chicken dishes which are prepared very well as the chicken breast is very moist and flavorful.

• Visited June 2012
, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your suport our place, we are very very happy to make a good service for you, and keep to make a good quality food.

Best regard (laughing fatman)
Adelaide, Australia
“Didn't do it for us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place was recommended to us. Took quite some time for our tuk tuk driver to find it, and when he finally did we walked in and discovered we were the only customers there. The staff were sat around a table eating and none of them were too keen to come and serve us. Eventually our order arrived, after a long wait, and one dish was totally wrong. The food was reasonable, but the service really lets this place down. In our opinion not worth the effort to find.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Christine F
, Owner at The Laughing Fatman, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you very for your telling me, i will checking and fix this problem. I hope you will be back again and have coffee or tea together with my beauty laughing.

Best regard (Laughing Fat man)
Manchester, United Kingdom
“This place will make you smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon The Laughing Fatman an decided to have a drink. Then an extremely lovely, lively, large man with a friendly face and infectious laugh introduced himself to us... The Laughing Fatman himself. He joined our table and we had the best night in Phnom Penh so far. We ordered food, which we still can't match in quality and taste in the whole of Phnom. The staff are genuine and always laughing and having fun with you. If you go to The Laughing Fatman you will love it and absolutely go back.
Kat & Sam