“Hard to find but quite nice.”

Botanico Wine & Beer Garden
Ranked #123 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A new spin on an old favorite, we are a community driven wine and beer garden offering handcrafted beer in a shady backyard garden atmosphere. Join us for a cold drink, a savory snack, and a great conversation!
Holte, Denmark
“Hard to find but quite nice.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Botanic is on St. 29. It is owned by the same company which runs Chinese House. It is a nice cafe in a garden which you enter through a long narrow path with branches in your face. Very jungle-ish, but slightly annoying when it has been raining. You are seated outside either under the trees or in small open pavillions. The staff is very friendly and attentive and will arrange pillows and fans to ensure your comfort. Their menu is short, simple but with attractive choices regarding food and drink. Decent range of coffee, including iced versions. I had a uninteresting lime soda and a croissant, which had been burnt on the outside and was still cold on the inside (frozen?) followed by a Cortado (they call it cortadito). All in all quite nice and relaxed.

Visited June 2012

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Nice plants, pity about the service though!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family and I recently decided to try Gastrobar Botanico for a Mothers day lunch. We found it quite easily and got settled in one of the 3 alcove seating areas. Because it was a very hot day we asked for water. 5 minutes later it hadn't come, so we asked a different waitress, another 5 minutes later we still didn't have it and were starting to feel very parched indeed. Finally our initial waitress came back to us and gave us plates and untensils and we asked her again, but alas we waited another 5 minutes and we FINALLY got our water! After this hassle we decided to look at the menu's - they had a breakfast selection and a lunch menu. We chose breakfast because that was the time we were there for. My mum, dad and sisters ordered the chicken sandwiches, which were nice and tasty and the service was moderately fast. I ordered the the "hot breakfast" type meal which was described as fabulously gourmet on the menu, but as soon as i saw it i was disappointed! It was two small pieces of toast, with eggs in the middle, two minuscule pieces of tasteless overcooked bacon, three pieces of asparagus all only seasoned with some salt and pepper, no relish or sauce in sight. Very, very disappointed, with this dish and with the price - $6! I could have gotten a better roadside meal for less than half the price! The atmosphere is nice for a drink although you may not want to bring your kids along as the drink prices are as steep as the meals! $3-50 for a juice! Think twice before eating or drinking here, my family won't be dining there again.

• Visited May 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“lovely spot - looking forward to the launch of their full menu”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is an absolutely lovely space, with a number of discrete nooks for small groups to convene and enjoy the beautiful natural surrounds. It's a little difficult to find, as it is tucked away behind a house with only a sign on the garden door to tell you that this is, indeed, where you are looking for, but once you find it, you walk into a little garden paradise.

I've only been once, so my view is necessarily limited, but I can tell you that in addition to a really nice eating environment, they serve VERY COLD draft Cambodia beer! It looks like there is a good drinks menu for after work events.

I ate the chicken burger, which was fine - quite tasty in fact - although there was a very thick layer of batter, and not much chicken to be had! But the bread was fresh, the sauce tasty, and the staff were very quick with my fresh chillies.

All in all I'm really pleased to have found this place, and I look forward to when they move on from their launch menu to a more complete menu of options.

• Visited May 2012
“Quite good.”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We just had lunch there. The portions are small as is the menu, but very tasty food and excellent service. Good for lunch, but unless they change the menu in the evening, I doubt satisfying for dinner unless you order the whole menu. I imagine it will be popular with the NGO crowd.

1 Thank unbutterfly
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great garden bar with superb food. A hidden gem.”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This newly-opened bar is a great place to unwind and relax at any time. Hidden away between Sihanouk Blvd. and Street 294, the whole bar is set in a lush garden. The food portions are small but flavoursome. Highly recommended for couples and groups.