“Good location in the middle of the city ”
Review of Diamond Palace II

Diamond Palace II
Ranked #195 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The diamond palace is just around the corner from the Royal Palace, National Museum and the boulevard along the Mekong river. A lot of shops, restaurants and travel agents around. The room we had was small but had everything we needed (drinking water, airco, private bathroom).

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights here. When we checked in we checked the sheets and it appeared that they had already been used previously. We called the front desk and requested they change the bed linens and the pillowcases. They did do this, but it was definitely not something you like to find. The rest of the room was fairly clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK.

The location is the best thing going for the Diamond Palace II. Good location for the river walk and lots of good restaurants nearby. Also close to the National Museum and Royal Palace as well.

The staff was great, just had the bad experience with the unchanged bed linens.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gdirst
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is in a spectacular location. Walk to the riverfront, National Museum, Royal Palace, etc. and there are plenty of tuk-tuks outside very eager to take you anywhere else. There is a western-style convenience store a couple doors down with cold water, drinks and snacks. I booked a deluxe room but I don't think that's what I got as there was no private balcony with seating area - my view was of a hallway and the wall of the building directly next door - no natural light coming into the room at all. The room had a mini-refrigerator, which was a super bonus and the aircon was cold and fast to cool the room. The hotel was always clean and the free breakfast was great, though I didn't try any of the western options (you're in Cambodia, why not eat Khmer food). I tried dinner in the restaurant one night and I wasn't impressed. The staff were helpful but never went out of their way - I inquired about laundry and they sent me around the corner to the laundry place instead of taking the wash over themselves. I had flowers delivered but they didn't call me or otherwise let me know that they had arrived. But everyone was always pleasant and remembered what room I was in and always greeted me when I returned at the end of the day. I paid $36 a night and I'm thinking there are probably better options at that price in the area, so I think I'll try someplace different on my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are a hike up three narrow flights of stairs - no elevator so be prepared to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel in January and was double charged for my room. The manager knew there was a mistake, but would not take the second charge off. Besides that problem my room was dirty, bed sheets were stained and did not look fresh. Only stayed one night, couldn't wait to get out of this place.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank David H
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Sometimes, you get lucky and have a front desk person who does a brilliant job! Vuht (hope I didn't butcher his name) was fantastic.

He helped up retrieve our visas for Vietnam, book our sleep bus tickets to Saigon, negotiated with our Tuk Tuk driver outside the hotel for us when they tried to rip us off, stored our fruit for us to keep it cool and so many other little things. Customer service isn't generally very important in Asia, so it was really nice to have such a helpful staff member at the hotel.

If you're paying such a cheap price to stay somewhere, you can't expect a 5 Star room. Rooms were decent, wet bathroom like all asian bathrooms, AC was nice and cold and because we were put on the top floor - it was nice and quiet!

For the low price you pay, I think the hotel does the job.

Room Tip: Get the top floor rooms if possible, will help drown out the busy road noise!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

good hotel. friendly staff, rooms are clean and comfortable and made up daily. nice views of the palace. its in the mix so your never far from sights and sounds. restaurant is average, there are plenty dotted around and some nice bars very close by though. the laundry service was fast and very good but maybe a little expensive. wifi in the room was very good as was air con and shower. i'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Decent place to stay - we were only there two nights.

Nothing too flash, but it did the job. Clean room, nice bed, good location.

When you get a Tuk Tuk make sure you emphasis Diamond Palace II (I use to show them on my phone) as there is another Diamond Palace!

• Stayed: February 2014