“Eat, Drink and Dance Salsa”
Review of The Latin Quarter - CLOSED

The Latin Quarter
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Latin Quarter is a block away from my apartment so I stopped in for their lunch special last week. The garden salad was practically a meal in itself and the sea bass had just swum into the pan. Great food and wonderful service.

And I've just learned they are having "Loco Fridays" where the sangria and beer is $1 a drink, there are tapas on offer and a salsa instructor will teach you to swing it. I may pass on that as we Canadians are welded at the hip.

That is where I'm headed tomorrow. Report to follow.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very good service. Very pricey compared to most Cambodian restaurants. More an expats hangout but I still would return for the food.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Latin Quarter brought back memories of Jesse Cook playing his rumba guitar, with the patrons grooving to the beat. The staff are young university students who are warm and friendly and more than willing to practice their English.
Set in the ex PM's residence the feeling is one of class. The Latin American chef has put together an array of Latin food from paella to Havana ham and cheese. He makes the chorizo sausage on site giving that fresh taste.

A welcome change from the traditional fish amok.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I can't believe the last customer did not enjoy this place. What a find this was for us. We had lived in Spain before but their tapas was just amazing....fresh, tasty and big operations with a small price tag.

The Paella was fantastic.....especially with a jug of freshly made Sangria.

We went back the second day for the set lunch, as recommended by the very interesting manager who comes all the way from Uruguay....well that is pretty authentic for us.

High recommended

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I lived in Spain for a few years, and love tapas so that's why we went here. We had clams, meatballs, chorizo and prawns pil pil with a bottle of wine.

The clams didn't taste fresh, so we only ate a few. The menu says they come in a white wine sauce, but it was just loads of friend onion and garlic.

The meatballs consisted of three small balls that fell apart, and would barely make one normal sized one. The rest of the dish was padded out with a tomato/pepper ragu style thing, which for $5.50 in Cambodia is crazy expensive.

The Pil Pil didn't taste at all like Pil Pil should and wasn't presently properly. Very little oil in the bottom of the bowl, not enough garlic, no paprika and overcooked prawns, with tails still on.

The chorizo was fine, but it's chorizo so it's difficult to not get it right.

Service was okay, but friendly. The place was empty at 8pm. Ended up being $40 for a bottle of an okay Chilean wine and 4 crappy tapas. Expensive and underwhelming. I'm pretty sure a Spaniard has ever been near the kitchen.