“My second home in PP” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 273 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Bangkok, Thailand
“My second home in PP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

It is the 4th or 5th time I stayed at this fabulous hotel and it only gets better. I travel regularly to Phnom Penh on business and always look forward to staying in one of the beautifully decorated rooms (it is exciting to be able to change each time). The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. They make me feel welcome and special. They would get out of their way to meet your needs. I had to leave the city for the province very early one morning and they made sure a nice breakfast was ready for me although it was way before they would normally serve breakfast. The restaurant on the roof is so pleasant and the food is so good that I took most of my meals there last time I went. I would, and do, warmly recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VeroniqueS193

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

we stay 2 days at this hotel, we book this hotel based on the good review on Trip advisor.
The room are very spacious, clean. We stay in the New York, .the decoration is really good
The staff spoke a very bad english and we have sometimes problems for they can us unterstand.
The restaurant food was really bad, and really expensive, the service very slow.
For this price no pool is like a joke.a bad joke when they tell you that you can use for free a swimming pool in 30mn from the hotel.
For the same price prefer the villa paradiso or the white mansion, and for much cheaper the 252 or the bluelime. We travel regulary to Phnom Penh for the business and have alredy use this other place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Roland G
dcopHongkong, Owner at La Maison d'Ambre, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Sir,

Please give me the right to doubt your review as this specific room has been rented for a month to the same person and still is.
We have never said anywhere we had a pool and we only suggest our country side house for the guests if they ask for a day outside of phnom penh.
There are enough hotels and tourists in Phnom penh, I don't think we have to fight over this. This isn't a competition.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

La Maison d'Ambre is simply awesome. The General Manager and staff, are personable, attentive, and helpful beyond compare. Any requirements or needs are quickly responded to and addressed. If you are looking for a unique boutique hotel, accessible to all of the major attractions and sites of Phnom Penh, then this is definitely your place!!!

Room Tip: Each room is unique.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BklynUSA
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Loved the comfort, location and ambience of this hotel. We stayed in the "Midnight in Paris" suite, beautifully decorated with a large sitting room and kitchen area, comfortable bed, and roomy well-appointed bathroom. Good A/C was welcome during a visit during the hot part of the year.

The rooftop bar / restaurant was charming, staff friendly, and the food was good. The location, close to the river and the Central Market gave easy access to lots of other good restaurants and shopping.

The service was attentive and the hotel was kept immaculately clean. The manager, Chrisna, spoke excellent English (having grown up in California) and took an interest in ensuring our first visit to Phnom Penh was enjoyable.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return for another visit.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 154914Rob
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and tried 2 different rooms. Both rooms were great. I met one of the owners ... Chris, who was great. His service is top notch and he ensures his guests receive the best service. I have stayed and tried out many hotels in Phnom Penh and La Maison is one of my favorites. The rooftop was very inviting and well decorated. The whole hotel was well designed and you can tell a lot of hard work and thought was put into it. Because I stayed an extra day I had to change my departure ticket to Siem Reap. I wasn't sure where to go, but the staff helped me out and in a matter of minutes everything was booked for me. Thank you to Chris and his team for a wonderful and pleasant stay. I will definitely use this hotel as a base in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter P
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Our stay at La Maison d Ambre was fantastic! The rooms georgous and spacious, the staff friendly and efficient, the food awsome!

Nothing was too much trouble for the amazing staff. From organising a driver to take us to Siem Reap, to making us a meal that wasn't on the menu, even having someone come into work half an hour early to make us breakfast before we left; this hotel was happy to arange anything. It was just supurb. Everyone was friendly and helpful, the staff spoke excellent english and were so happy, it was a joy just to be around them.

The hotel has a real family feel to it, that made us feel safe and secure. Positioned perfectly in the middle of Phnom Penh, it is an easy distance to any of the sights.

Quite simply this was the best hotel I have ever stayed at, and I have stayed at many. If you are looking for a hotel in Phnom Penh look no further!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LastMinuteTraveller8
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at the Hanabi suite.
The room are very big & clean but what i don't understand is that why is the bathroom very small. You have a a huge living room which is great where you don't spend that much time cause you are out discovering the city & you have a tiny bathroom that cant accommodate 2 people. Besides the bathroom & the location i must say its a great hotel but i rather stay at hotels nearer to the riverside.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Mimoe14
dcopHongkong, Owner at La Maison d'Ambre, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear sir,

Thank you for your review, always good to hear feedback.
Hanabi room (firework in japanese) has a japanese inspiration and as you may not know bathrooms are small in japan or even sometime do not exist (in some of the most luxurious traditional ryokan). Japanese people would actually share it or going to the public bath (onsen).
If you were looking for spacious bathroom, I would have suggest to go for "Casablanca" room with a large Jacuzzi bath or "Midnight in Paris" with a 20 sqm open shower space.

Thanks and looking forward to see you again

The owner