“Not a good experience”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had dinner at Sary’s with a friend. The level of spoken English by the staff was poor, which for a place catering to tourists is not great. After ordering amok someone came from the kitchen and said that they did not have amok, the national dish! So I reordered. They did not inform my friend that they did not have his order either. When they realized and he wanted to reorder the kitchen was closed and my friend went without dinner.

1  Thank SaltyTravels

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had some traditional Cambodian food which tasted very nice and well presented. Restaurant was very quiet so staff had little to do so stood over our table while we were eating which was a bit off putting. Tasty food at a good price.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I discovered this place after popping in for a quick drink. Decided to go back for lunch the next day, purley because of the relaxing atmosphere and very nice and polite staff.

I had the Amok at 4.50 USD accompanied by the usual draft beers at 1 USD each.

Both prices are normal for this type of establishment. Quick service and again great and polite staff.

Food came in good time as did my beers!! :-)

No problems with this place; have returned for and afternoon beer as I walked past the place; no reason for not returning for a meal.. there are so many places to eat near the riverside, i want to try them all.

Sary's also does accommodation; the living in restaurant users were pleased with the accommodation as well as the nightly price, though I didn't see the rooms.

Nice place to eat or chill out with a beer. Located second or third block in on st130 (from river front).

1  Thank donnie1965
Reviewed December 27, 2011

A friend and I had dinner at Sary's Restaurant, this evening. I was impressed by the comprehensive menu, and attentive and friendly staff. I hope to return in the next couple of days, before I leave Phnom Penh.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My travel mate and I stumbled upon this brand new restaurant and hotel while visiting Phnom Penh this past month and loved it! The service was friendly and attentive, the drinks actually contained alcohol (some restaurants really water down - Sary's didn't!) and a great menu with many affordable tasty meals. The decor is modern, and very clean. We met Sary each time we visited this restaurant and he was so friendly and interested in chatting with us about his newly opened business. I highly recommend Sary's Guesthouse restaurant!