“Great to support Cambodian arts”

Cambodian Living Arts
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Cambodian Arts Traditional Dance Show in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience an unforgettable evening of authentic Cambodian culture at the Traditional Dance Show in Phnom Penh. Featuring a variety of Cambodian folk and classical dances and more than 35 talented artists, our audiences are taken on a captivating journey from Angkorian palaces of old to the villages of today. Wonder at the abundance of unique sights and sounds presented on stage in the beautiful gardens of the National Museum in Phnom Penh. The Traditional Dance Show is a program of Cambodian Living Arts, a not for profit organization whose mission is to be a catalyst in a vibrant arts sector, inspiring new generations. All proceeds from the show go toward supporting emerging artists, learning and leadership programs and other arts projects through the work of Cambodian Living Arts. Show schedule: 7 PM Monday through Sunday (October to March) Monday through Saturday (June to August) Monday - Wednesday - Friday - Saturday (April, May and September)
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

By Cambodian standards this was not cheap entertainment, but it was highly enjoyable and I felt happy to pay the $15 to support the Cambodian arts, which have a lot to rebuild after the Khmer Rouge. I am in Phnom Penh again at the end of my trip and plan to go again to watch one of the other two shows.

Melissa I, Manager at Cambodian Living Arts, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Brent thank you for the review. We are continually trying to establish the program as both high quality and entertaining so we appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you again soon! Also if you book your tickets in advance there is a discount. :)

There are newer reviews for Cambodian Living Arts

Reviewed November 24, 2013

As a cultural junkie, I really want to explore different cultures in every element.Coming here at the National Museum and enjoying dance and music performance is satisfied. Artists with their wonderful profession really impress me. Until now, I still can imagine lively charming girl in traditional dance with authentic Cambodian music. Should go and feel the soul of this country

1  Thank Thea N
Melissa I, Manager at Cambodian Living Arts, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

I hope everyone is a bit of a 'cultural junkie' :) so glad you can still remember the liveliness of the dance and enjoyed the live music. Cheers to your next adventure and thank you for the review.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This show made me feel happy and it was amazing! So beautiful and funny, they really love what they are doing,

Jacqueline, we are so glad you enjoyed the performance. The students and graduates at Cambodian Living Arts are passionate about what they do and we are so happy it shows! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

It's really a wonderful performance. I saw the Passages of Life and really like it. So exciting to see the traditional dances of Khmer, and to hear the traditional songs. Artists are enthusiastic and talented. I think this is an great opportunity to experience Cambodian culture and arts. Don't miss authentic show on your trip to Cambodia, you may be pity about that. It's worth the money to enjoy Plae Pakaa show.
That's a great night in Phnom Penh!

Melissa I, Manager at Cambodian Living Arts, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Isabella so glad you enjoyed Passage of Life! Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your evening in Phnom Penh.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

For the purpose of learning culture of Cambodian, we decided to go to the Plae Pakka Show at the National Museum of Phnom Penh. Plae Pakka means "coming to fruition". I had experienced Cambodia's culture and traditions through music and dance. I'm impressed by the Apsara performance and Cambodian classical, folk dance. Performers are young, beautiful and talented. $15 a ticket, I think it is a reasonable price for a great performance like this. Highly recommend. Do not miss this show if you have a chance to visit Phnom Penh. If I return this city, I will get back this show.

1  Thank Tania L

Tania thank you so much for your review. We do hope you return to Phnom Penh and look forward to seeing you then!