“Nice Ice Chocolate”

Herb Cafe
Ranked #264 of 1,503 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After being led astray by the tripadvisor map location of another restaurant we ended up going here on our way walking back to our hotel. This was a pleasant enough place for lunch. Meals were reasonably priced and were of good quality. My stir fried noodles with vegetables and chicken was a decent portion, while my partner's Loc Lac was a bit on the small size, but her ice chocolate drink was very nice, and I wish I had got it too even though my fresh pineapple juice was nice.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Terrible Mocha Latte which tasted more like a hot chocolate with too much sugar. Charged me a higher price for it than was on the menu as well. The setting isn't very relaxing as it's on the corner of two busy streets. Didn't try the food. Plenty of better places to enjoy an afternoon nearby.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ordered probably $25 worth of food from this place the other night and the delivery person brought it to someone else. The person manning the phones hung up on me 4 times - it was unbelievable. I couldn't even figure out if they had sent a new batch of food or not so I ordered from another place. The manager or whoever it was (as they like to not announce who you're speaking to) called me to apologize. Shortly after that someone texted me saying "Very sorry about that so tomorrow do you want same food we do free for you pls". I text them the following night expecting the "same" 5 dishes I had ordered the night before and not gotten. They inform me they can't do that and will only give me two. Bottom line: do NOT order from here - it is a WASTE of time. The Living Room and other comparable establishments are MUCH better.

1  Thank LauraPhnomPenh G
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Herb Cafe is very well located just off Sihanouk in Pasteur St (51). This is a great little casual corner street-side cafe where you can watch everyone going past, enjoy the food (try the noodle soup!) and be well looked after. It is right near The Place (gym of choice) so handy for an after exercise drink, and in the best coffee/cafe/restaurant neighbourhood in town.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Looking at some of the other reviews I am not sure if they are getting mixed up with somewhere else. Went here today and it was great. Ordered some drinks and waitress brought over free potato chips and glasses of ice water. When we finished these were replaced. Decided to stay for lunch and it was really lovely. All in for 4 drinks and 2 chicken dishes it was $15 including amazing frapacino. Very nice service with lots of smiles. Great toilet also.