“Good vibes”

and 1 more site!
11 Happy Backpackers
Ranked #129 of 248 Specialty Lodging in Phnom Penh
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a group of 7 backpackers traveling together, and had an unreal time at 11 happy. I don't think I'll ever get over the vibe of the rooftop lounge area - they really did a great job decorating the place, and making it super comfortable.

The rooms were nothing special, but they were clean and we had our own bathrooms. Nic is one of the owners, I guess, and she really took us under her wing. She would arrange our rides, and sometimes even accompany us on adventures. On our final night, she took us to a fantastic Cambodian restaurant with traditional Cambodian dancers (I think it was called Titanic? can't remember), and we really loved it. We spent our nights at the rooftop bar, and couldn't seem to find the motivation to head elsewhere when we were having such a good time where we were.

Would definitely recommend this place. Get to know the people who work there, it really adds to the experience.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the top floor (below the rooftop bar), and we didn't find it too noisy, and en...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 30, 2012

During a recent trip to Phnom Penh,myself and a friend decided to stop in for a spot of lunch at 11 Happy. We made our way to the seats and were greeted with a bunch of staff to interested in talking on their phones. When we decided we would like something to eat,we had to collect our own menus from the bar(luckily we didn't have to pour our beer),and return back to the bar to place our own order?! It maybe the only restaurant in the world where I complained to the waiter about lots,and I mean lots of bones in my fish curry,and the waiter says "It's ok!!" and walked away,meanwhile the other staff were looking out the window at something a lot more important than customers........Rubbish!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank NgaruToa
Reviewed September 21, 2012

After having a pretty lousy first night in Phnom Penh at another guesthouse, I came in search of something more relaxed, with better customer service, and at possibly better rates. I found all of that and more at 11 Happy Backpackers. This place is amazing!

The staff are incredibly friendly - the rooms are nice, and at an unbeatable price (I'm paying $7USD for a quiet private room with a fan - I paid the same for a loud dorm room at the other hostel), all the food I've eaten on the MASSIVE ROOFTOP PATIO has been outstanding. Of course, the prices are geared a little more towards the tourists, but the quality makes up for it.

The rooftop bar can get a little rowdy at night, but it's a very social location, and the location is perfect as it's centrally located and close to the river.

I'm very satisfied with my stay here and would recommend it to anyone looking for the aforementioned. I've decided to stay a couple extra nights because I like it that much :)

Room Tip: The interior rooms don't have windows, and are cheaper because of this, but they're also ver...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The staff were helpful and came to fix our broken toilet immediately when we asked. The wifi didn't work in the rooms but worked well in common areas. The roof top bar was nice, even gets a nice breeze which is a nice change from the oppressive heat that you usually get outside! The music goes on until late night which wasn't a problem even when we wanted to sleep, but the rooms were basic at best, and not very well looked after or even cleaned. Best for young travellers who are just interested in partying.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

First and foremost, the tuk tuk driver will tell you that this hostel has moved location. Having heard this scam before (thinking he would take me to his friends hotel) I stuck to my guns and it turns out it had moved, so... believe the tuk tuk drivers!! The staff here are terrific, they really are some of the friendliest people I met in Cambodia. The rooftop bar had a great selection of food and drink, pool tables, sofas and wifi access. Rooms were great, nothing special but its a backpackers so what do you expect! Try and get a room near the bottom of the building as it can get quite noisy with the rooftop bar pumping out music to the early hours. We booked a great motorcycle driver/guide through reception, I can't remember his name but he could talk for Cambodia so just mention that to them and i'm sure they will hook you up with the right guy.

Room Tip: Try and get a room near the bottom as it can get quite noisy with the rooftop bar pumping out music...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at 11 Happy for 4 nights. The location couldn't be better and our room was very comfortable. We paid a few extra dollars to have a window since the rooms without are tiny and cell-like.

The staff downstairs at reception are really friendly and helpful, but the staff upstairs in the bar were always grumpy and disinterested. They made ordering food and drinks a bit uncomfortable!

When we did order food it was always chaotic, even ordering a coffee would take forever. On a quiet morning we waited over 45 minutes for a toasted sandwich!

Bit of an ant problem in the bar. The sauces and sugar jars were covered in them.

As others have said the music from the bar is loud at night and could be heard from our room on the 3rd floor.

Apart from the bar staff this was a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I absolutely love Happy 11!! It's in a terrific spot, right on River side, and a comfy little place. They have the best staff in Phnom Penh if you ask me. Just lovely, really helpful people. The drinks are great, it always feels safe, and there are no lurkers like some of the bars in PP. The rooftop bar is gorgeous and great place to get away from the busy busy city, and just relax, but if you've got the right music on, you can find few people dancing away till 2am. Always meeting new people there, mostly young travellers, and as far as I'm concerned the rooms are pretty decent. Love you Happys!

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends