All reviewsawesome rooftop bartourist attractionsnight marketroyal palacedorm
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night, thought the room was overpriced for no hot water, no TV, no clean linen. The staff were pretty lazy and rude, didn't want to help me ring up to give the hotel address for bus pick up because I brought the tickets in Sihanoukville and not from them. The room was really loud and be careful if you need sleep because our friend was in a room right by the rooftop bar and had music and people knocking on her window until 2am. Wouldn't stay here again thought it was too expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
JasperPaas, Owner at 11 Happy Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Saxicola,

I am very sorry about your bad experience in our hotel recently.
I spoke with my staff and they could remember you and said they did their best to help you with your bus ticket.I am deeply sorry about the room, it is true that in some rooms on the 3rd floor you can hear the music,
Could you please tell me which room your friend stayed in so I can tell the new customers in advance about the room.

If you would come true Phnom Penh again I would be happy to offer you a free dinner.

Thanks,

Jasper,
the owner.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Room was not special but also not bad. Cold shower.

The rooftop bar is great.
They serve good food with fresh draft beers.
Music is nice and you csn request your favourate songs.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Upstairs.....
pool table
amazing food both khmer and western. seriously good
good beats
nice sunset
nice decor

then seconds away from bed.

very good

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I've lived in Phnom Penh for 3 months and been to many hotels/guesthouses here (either for a meal, drink, or to use their pool). When people have come to Phnom Penh, I recommend 11 Happy guesthouse to them. It's in a great location, in Riverside, on Street 136.

The new place has a gorgeous rooftop terrace bar/chillout area, with a pool table, computers, and large flatscreen tv to watch movies. The food is really good there and the drinks are relatively cheap (strong too). The bar has a great chilled vibe during the day, and at night the music plays til 2am, so a lot of backpackers drink and party there instead of going out to the expensive bars in Riverside that are full of prostitutes. Also, they don't allow guests to bring back prostitutes, which is great if you don't want to stay in a brothel.

The only downside to the guesthouse is that if you want an early night, you might hear the music, although when I've stayed there with friends, I didn't have any problems with noise, maybe because I was partying there until 2am anyway. Overall, it's great value for money, and a great vibe!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2011

they still call it a "backpacker" guesthouse.. Most backpackers travels cheap and this place have 30 something dollar rooms and you pay up to 8 dollars for something you would call a simpel student meal. There is many places alot cheaper and alot nicer in Phnom Penh. And don't even get me started on the constant Justin Bieber fever the speakers have!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Alex,

I am Jasper, the owner.
Could you please check again if our hotel was really the one you stayed at?
There are quite a lot of 'happy guesthouses'' in Phnom Penh, and unfortunately the review ends sometimes at the wrong hotel.

I say this because we do not posses any 30$ rooms and none of our food cost 8$ or more.
also whenever there are any Brazilian guests my staff tells me so i can give them a warm welcome because I used to live in Sao Paulo, Brazil and can speak quite some Portuguese.

Desculpe!