“Great food and champagne brunch”
Review of La Coupole

La Coupole
Ranked #78 of 1,517 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Wonderful Sunday brunch at $82.50 for endless food and Verve champagne until 2.30pm. Pity we didn't know the champas was being cut-off at 2.30, we would have topped up. There was a lot of food wastage which is a pity as folks go mad then don't eat what they've stocked up on, but there was still plenty of food available in the mid afternoon. Went for a swim and relaxed by the pool afterwards until 5pm, great way to end the weekend.

Charles-Henri C, General Manager at La Coupole, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sunday Brunch. I am delighted to learn that you savoured our buffet and Veuve Clicquot Champagne with great enthusiasm. It is always a pleasure to learn that our guests relax at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra to end their week-end with a nice touch.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next Sunday – or next Friday evening for our successful Fish Market – to offer you gastronomic and entertaining moments.

Yours Sincerely,

Charles-Henri Chevet,

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Excellent staff and service ,good lounge music and relax atmosphere.

Salad and suchi bar with sashimi ,carpacio and ceviche . All sea foods cooked as you like and more!

Charles-Henri C, General Manager at La Coupole, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive comment. It is once more a pleasure to learn that seafood buffet is successful with our guests. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again and make you Discover the Friday Fish Market unique atmosphere at La Coupole.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed in the hotel at the beginning of December for four nights. We ate in the restaurant each night. We ate a la carte three nights but also tried the buffet option. The service was really exceptional on every occasion and we felt very well looked after. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant, especially if you are staying in the hotel.

Charles-Henri C, General Manager at La Coupole, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at La Coupole. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our cuisine and attentive Ambassadors’ service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again and invite you to try our Chinese, Japanese and Italian restaurants at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wonderful colonial style restaurant with excellent service and reasonably priced wine. The buffet looked good although we had Al a Carte.

Charles-Henri C, General Manager at La Coupole, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this excellent comment. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meal at La Coupole and our considerate Ambassadors.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at La Coupole in December as we will propose unique Festive buffet.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was staying at the Sofitel in Phnom Penh - the best hotel in Cambodia for business visitors by a country mile and was dining alone one evening - also very hungry after a very hectic day skipping lunch. I was overwhelmed by the choice on offer. They had catered for all possible tastes and the standard of the food was of an exceptional quality !!. I particularly enjoyed the seafood, salad and roast chicken options and had to use all of my will power not to make some serious inroads into the wonderful range of desserts, chocolates and cakes on offer. A one hour session in the hotel "So Fit" gym was required the next day to work off the calories !!. Also, look out for the Pascal Jolivet Sancerre if you are having seafood or chicken - it complimented my meal perfectly. Was also nice to bump into the Italian Chef - Andrea - he came over and chatted to me about the fare on offer - it was great to see that personal touch and feel like a valued customer. The bill was $30 not including drinks - probably the best value for money I've experienced in Indo China !!

1  Thank ChrisSurb
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at La Coupole, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for this very positive review and for taking the time to share your experience at La Coupole. It is always a pleasure to get excellent feedback from guests and it is very encouraging for our restaurants and ambassadors. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our extensive buffet and that Andrea, our Chef, had the opportunity to talk with you. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.