“Go-To for South American cuisine”
Review of The Coffee Shop - CLOSED

The Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Our Love. "If you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life." The Coffee Shop is just that. What began as an idea and as two individuals' desire to love what they did for a living has quickly turned into something so much more. The thought to provide people with their morning and afternoon cup of coffee has evolved into helping create a local stomping ground for people and cultivate an environment of ideal-seeking. Giving back to and servicing the community is the foundation of Birch's philosophy. We care for people first and coffee is a very close second. The Coffee Shop is dedicated to not being just another local coffee shop, rather the ultimate coffee shop - a coffee for Cambodians a Coffee Shop to my Country.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Being a long term resident with his own business I don't get out much but La Cita is on my short list of lunch stops. While it may be tempting or order the familar Mexican fare I suggest the Chilean and Peruvian selections as a first point of discovery. The traditional Chilean chacarero sandwich is killer,it's not cheap given how expensive avocado is, but worth every penny. The lomo saltado is also an excellent choice. For those with kids the owners and staff are very accommodating. Worth a visit.

1  Thank xuan99
There are newer reviews for The Coffee Shop

Reviewed May 28, 2013

nice lil restaurant,good vibe,good atmosphere,friendly staff including chefs.really enjoyed our meal cant wait to go back.good value all round.thanks la cita.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Decent tex-mex food. Pretty heavy on carbs and modest on protein! Service was average! Although the only client, they managed to get my order wrong ! Wouldn't recommend it to gourmets!

Richard R, Owner at The Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

With all due respect I think you are at the wrong restaurant when you wrote this comment. I respect your comment but we are not TEX-MEX we are Urban Mex restaurant is more class and authentic Mexican than the American TEX-MEX.

Thank you for your comment but please learn the roots of the food that you are eating before you do a comment.

PS. the origin of our food and history is written in our menu as educational recreation.

The administration of La cita urban mex restaurant.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The tofu burritos and mushroom-vegetable enchiladas are delicious. Good salsas, generous portions, excellent service, AC or outdoor serving area, magazines to read.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

La Cita makes the best and most authentic burritos I have had in Asia. They come in three sizes, from small to large and come stuffed with rice and whole beans and your choice of meat and/or veggie fillings. The condiments range from guacamole and sour cream to a selection of various strengths of hot sauces and salsa. These babies are very big, with even the smallest among them being very filling for your average men's appetite. I made the mistake of ordering a medium and could barely finish it...and I'm a pretty big eater.

The nachos is also quite good, with the fresh made chips very light and crispy. I will definitely return whenever I'm in Phnom Penh and am in the mood for a filling Mexican burrito treat.