“Fantastic evening”

Ranked #62 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dine in authentic Italian ambience at Do Forni. The restaurant has an intimate setting with an open kitchen and wooden floors. Dishes are freshly prepared with only the freshest of ingredients. Choose from a specially crafted menu which offers contemporary and innovative cuisine. A selection of fine wines from the cellar makes your dining experience complete. Special guest chefs visit the restaurant every quarter for a memorable gastronomic journey.
Singapore, Singapore
“Fantastic evening”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Travelling through Cambodia me and my fiancé ended up in Phnom Penh for my birthday. After seeing Do Forni on TripAdvisor we booked a table and had such a memorable evening. The food was absolutely delicious and the service the best we've ever had. Being well over our budget it was worth every penny.

Visited September 2013
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Do Forni, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am delighted that our Trip Advisor page directed you and your fiancé towards our Do Forni restaurant and that it was beyond your expectations. I wish you a nice trip in Cambodia and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Uppingham, United Kingdom
“Not Value for money”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place is one of the most expensive restaurants in Asia. We couldn't believe they were charging such high prices. I have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants for less. Unfortunately the food didn't live up to the price.

I had the lamb and the beef and both were delectable but would taste better at around 50% of the price. So would go again (if someone else was paying)

1 Thank Toby C
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Do Forni, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I believe that the quality of our gastronomy justifies the rates charged at Do Forni, and it seems that you did enjoy our cuisine despite the prices. The Australian Rack of Lamb in red wine sauce with potato gratin and the Pan-seared Black Angus Beef fillet with a green peppercorn sauce and asparagus are both at $30. Most of our products are imported from Italy to provide the best culinary experience to our guests.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit gloomy atmosphere”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Excellent food, good service, but not the place for a romantic dinner. Dining alone usually brings out the critic, but even so, the room was too dark and impersonal for my liking. Probably good for business events.

• Visited October 2013
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Do Forni, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed Do Forni’s gastronomy. Each of our restaurants offers a different cuisine and atmosphere. May I suggest you for your next stay to try Hachi, our Japanese restaurant, which offers private tatami rooms. I hope we will welcome you again very soon at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Perth, Australia
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The staff are extremely well trained, friendly and attended to our every need. The food was exceptional and a reasonable time was allowed between courses. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to other diners who appreciate good food, wine and service. A word of warning so you are not disappointed. They don't allow you to use the Accor Card. Maybe the management can do something about this issue. Thank you Flurin and your team for a wonderful evening. You should be very proud of what you have achieved.

• Visited October 2013
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Do Forni, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am once again very happy to learn that Trip Advisor reviews are guiding online visitors to our restaurant. I am delighted that you had a great evening with us at Do Forni thanks to our gastronomy and excellent service. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon in Do Forni and our other restaurants.

China
“Good choice in PP”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Located on the ground floor of Sofitel, easy access

Welcomed by friendly staff at reataurant entrance, follow by preseco as welcome drink, that's a very good start

Good selection of food menu, wild range of Voyage du Vin (in Phnon Penh), we were very impressed by the friendly, well trained staff.

• Visited October 2013
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Do Forni, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing you experience with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our Ambassadors friendliness and kind thoughts as well as our food and wine selection from Voyage du Vin, which invites guests to discover and taste wines from all over the world.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you very soon to Do Forni.