“Good Hotel, Good People”
Review of White Mansion

White Mansion
Ranked #7 of 277 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Big Rooms, Clean Rooms, Clean Wash Room, Clean Passage..........Clean Hotel and finally Good people.
The French manager ( Mr.......... ) was extremely helpful. He patiently gave replies to my various queries about Cambodia.
The hotel supported Tuk Tuk are simple, friendly and reliable. I left my baggage with them to attend a meeting.

Finally, a sizable swimming pool with just 30 rooms !! Great.

Spa was just OK. The masseurs will improve with more experience.

Room Tip: Take 3rd Floor room to avoid neighboring buildings
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,027)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Big rooms, very clean and well decorated. Great breakfast. The location near the royal palace is perfect...very central but on a quiet street. A cooling dip after your city visit is possible but the pool is quite small and very enclosed by high walls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Thanks to everyone at the White Mansion.

We had a wonderful stay here with our kids for a long weekend.

Brilliant for families, got us all in one room with 2 extra single beds and 2 cots and still had room to spare!

Great location, just a short ride to anywhere in the friendly drivers tuc tuc, ask for mr Tom!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have stayed several nights on this great boutique hotel in Phnom Penh located in a colonial house that used to be the US embassy ! the rooms are large with good beds and very well decorated. It has a very good pool too.
the staff is very nice and helpful. The French manager is very dedicated to his guests. The breakfast choice is great, try the passion fruit juice, it is amazing !
the location is convenient in a very nice area of Phnom Penh close to the Royal Palace and the river.
Do not hesitate to book this hotel especially the junior suite !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We found the staff really friendly at the hotel. The room was really comfortable and clean. The hotel has a cafe/restaurant which does really good food and if your not a morning person it's great as breakfast is served all day!! A tuk tuk to the main strip with bars and restaurants was $3. We booked a pick up from the airport via the hotel which was €25. Turns out this is really expensive! On the way back to the airport the hotel called a meter taxi for us and this was only €10. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family of two adults and two children stayed here in two side by side rooms recently.
Everything that has been written about this hotel is true-the decor is gorgeous, service is outstanding, breakfast delicious and the pool area is lovely. I had a lovley back massage in the spa and we loved the nightly cookies and turn down service.
However, I did not give this hotel 5 stars for a couple of reasons that related to the positioning of our room. We were on the ground floor and our room opened into the reception area. As we went in and out of our room to pop into our children's room frequently we felt all eyes were upon us when we opened our door . We would have preferred to have had a view from our room rather than a view of the heads of the people sitting on the pool lounges outside our room. Also, our room had a smell of sewage from one of the drains in the bathroom. We did tell reception and they put a burner in the bathroom(helped a bit). I am sure we were not the first people to complain about this. I suppose we were comparing it to our children's room next door which had a lovely lemon scent. Our children's room was a little more private also as it was further away from reception.
Just felt a little disappointed with our rooms as I had booked this hotel about six months in advance and I felt we were given the rooms that were given to last minute bookings- I am sure there are more twin rooms that the one on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms if you want privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joluvstravel-13
hppwm, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for booking a Deluxe Twin room and a Deluxe Double room. As you know, Deluxe rooms are the cheapest rooms in White Mansion and therefore do not have the same size or location than Junior Suites.

We followed your request to have these 2 rooms types next to each others for your children. There is no other possibility in the hotel: the ground floor was the only possibility to meet your expectations.

Some people prefer pool view, some people prefer city view...

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Oh, what a wonderful find the While Mansion was for me! This fantastic hotel used to be the US Embassy about 10 years ago, when I resided in Phnom Penh. Yet, gone were the heavy security, the many communications antennas and the somber feeling hanging over the building. Instead the building had been given an amazing face lift with a lot of tender love and care and turned into one of the most tranquil, inviting and well-run hotels I have ever stayed at. It was truly a precious experience from the minute I arrived to I left. The staff were all top-notch professionals that did whatever they could to make my stay special. Everything was in perfect condition - spotless clean, and well-functioning. I loved the minimalist, but very sophisticated decor - Indochine/French mix taken to a very high level. My room was very spacious and the bed super comfy - not always the case in SE Asia. The hotel also has a wonderful spa, that is just the kind of place that can help you unwind after a busy day. Terrific service. The attached cafe is a little oasis in itself. Very light and inviting and a great place to start the day with perfectly made croissants and a well-brewed cup of coffee.
Overall, the attention to detail and customer service was among the best I have experienced in my many years of business travel. I give this hotel an A+ and very much hope to return for more of this unique pampering.

Room Tip: I don't think there will be one bad room in this hotel - not with the obvious attention to detai...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business