“One of the best thing in Phnom Penh”
Review of White Mansion

White Mansion
Ranked #8 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have been in a lot of hotels, but this is something special.
The staff, specially the Guest Relations manager, was very helpful, both at reception and in the restaurant.
The location of the hotel was good with many interesting places nearby.
The spa services are very professional.

2  Thank Santiago B

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location, easy access. Only problem was tuk tuk drivers wanting to overcharge because it is a higher end hotel. All good it turned into a great game. The Khmer people are so lovely and accommodating. The White House boutique hotel was amazing, I would highly recommend staying here.

1  Thank KykaMelbourne
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in June 2013 and couldn't recommend it highly enough. From the minute we walked through the door, the staff were attentive and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are huge and spotlessly clean, the food in the cafe is delicious and beautifully presented and our room service requests were delivered in super quick time and always with a smile. We had some refreshing swims in the crystal clear pool which is open 24 hours. The complimentary water and soft drinks are a bonus and great to come back to after a hot day sightseeing. Our tuk tuk driver was Mr Tom and he was fabulous at showing us the sights for a very reasonable price and a bit of a commentary as well, phone 012 472560 to book him. Thank you White Mansion staff for a wonderful stay in Phnom Penh.

1  Thank Jenben255060
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Overall, a very well designed hotel in an unbeatable location close to all of the restaurants on the quay.

The staff were generally okay, some with good knowledge of English.

I was preparing to give a great review until this dreadful morning.

The events below ruin the whole stay.

Having a 7:30 flight to Siem Reap in the morning. I proceeded to the reception at 5:55 to pay the bill. The night before at 10pm I called the front desk and spoke to a gentleman named Samnang (he said it was his shift), in order to order their car service at 6am.

The staff presented a bill to me that did not include some expenses such as the ride to the airport. I proceeded to help them fix their bill that was all incorrect to my gain. At this point I also asked if someone can go up to get my suitcases.

The next 5 minutes continued of them acting confused about my car, and not a single person getting my suitcase.

Their response was "sir, but it okay, you can take tuk-tuk."
I did not hear one apology for the situation from any member of staff.

I even went up to prove them in the call logs that I called. They denied it!

All in all, I am now sitting in the airport changing my ticket as I arrived too late.

It took them 20 minutes to bring down my suitcases and get a metered taxi, for which I had to scrape loose change to foot the bill. (Which is why I asked for the car hotel service, no cash..)

Good hotel, but be wary, especially of Samnang

1  Thank TravelReview25
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our stay was great! The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our family really liked it very much. The rooms were very spacious. Internet was available everywhere. The cafe was decent and the spa service was second to none. It is highly recommended on Tripadvisor and we know why.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights as part of our IOT tour, We felt like Royalty, The customer services is brilliant, and every staff member always greeted you with a beautiful smile, Rooms were nice, big and clean, Food, loved the breakfast, and proper coffee, Yes, proper coffee. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Top floor have balconies that look over the city, really nice, however no lift, so have to walk the...
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is almost faultless. Hospitality service is wonderful. All smiles and trying to help you all the time. Grand outlook and super comfortable large rooms. It is also walking distance to restaurants.

The pool there is wonderful too, it's like its inviting you for a swim every time you look at it. Very clean and relaxing. The hotel has a spa that offers massages. Went twice. Loved every bit of it. Definitely recommended.

We did however had a slight problem. We had a room facing the school and being light sleepers, we found it quite noisy. However, my other travelling partners in a room facing the pool had no problems with noise. It was a perfect night for them.

I also love the free soft drinks provided. After a hot day out, what better way to quench your thirst but with a free soft drink from the mini-bar? This is indeed very thoughtful of the hotel management.

Overall, we enjoyed the night we had there. We would definitely recommend friends to this hotel.

To Ms. Sokha and the staff, thank you for your wonderful hospitality. By the way, we were the guests from Malaysia travelling with a Cambodian girl ;) The Cambodian girl was so happy staying at this hotel .. She couldn't stop saying wonderful things about all of you.

Room Tip: For light sleepers... Do not choose a room that faces the school. Can be noisy at 7am... Unless you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family