“Incredible hotel”
Review of White Mansion

White Mansion
Ranked #7 of 276 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is my second time to Phnom Penh. I love Cambodia more than any place I have been to in Asia. The last time I was here I stayed at the FCC hotel which was good and had a view of the Mekong which was a plus. No view here, but let me give you the 411 on this place.

When we arrived we were tended to by no fewer than five employees. I couldn't believe it. And it wasn't trite or fake. They really meant it. I mentioned to the head guy "the trip took almost 20 hours from my home" and he said "Welcome this is your home now". Nice.

I had heard that this was the former residence of the U.S. Ambassador to Cambodia. It looks new inside. Lots of marble and impeccably furnished.

The room I had was fairly huge. The shower was fabulous. The TV was a new flat screen. I can't think of anything else I could ask for. They gave us a very nice fruit dish in our rooms. What's interesting is all the fruit on the dish I had never seen before. Pretty exotic.

The location is very central. You can take a tuk tuk anywhere for just a couple bucks. If you want a driver or guide contact me and I will give you the best guy who I have kind of adopted. He is typical of the best of Cambodia. A gentle soul that really cares. Just writing this makes me want to jump on a plane.

Forgot to mention you can get an in-room massge. My therapist was incredible and as I recall it was around $15 for an hour. It was so great I had her stay another half hour.

Don't forget to go to the famous nightclub called "The Heart of Darkness" and buy one of their t-shirts. If you want to live on the edge you can go to an airborne military base (not much of a base) and shoot anything from an AK47 to a grenade launcher. I tossed a grenade, and my friend Joe fired a grenade launcher. The people that run it are very cool and remembered us from last year.

I like a view of the river, but will give it up to stay here. It is that good. As the manager said to me, it is now my home in Phnom Penh.

One more comment on Cambodia. Land here and hire a prvate car to take you to Angkor Wat. You can do it for $100. The trip takes close to six hours a I remember but you will see the people and how they live on the way.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,026)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very elegant, clean and classy hotel in the centre of Phnom Penh. Great walled garden with sunloungers and swimming pool. Free bottled water and soft drinks in the mini bar, very reasonably priced beauty therapies. Good breakfasts. Tuk-Tuk or taxi service available outside the door. Nice touches such as fresh fruit platter on arrival, nightly turn down service with snack.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

One of the best stays on our tour in Vietnam and Cambodia.
The staff was very attentive and we immediately felt at home.
Location was good and only a few minutes with Tuk Tuk to the different attractions.
After a long and hot day, a dip in the pool was very welcom.

Room Tip: The suite was a good choice.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice and both times the staff were so friendly and incredibly helpful. The hotel itself is new, so still in very good condition. It has a lovely cool atmosphere with high ceilings and tiled floors. I only had the healthy breakfast option, which was delicious and well presented.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked this Hotel based on reviews on trip advisor. We were booking for four other family members too all meeting up in Cambodia from Malaysia, Chicago and Adelaide. As the booking was,left to us the pressure was on. This boutique Hotel was perfect, beautifully decorated, very clean and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this Hotel. We only stayed for one night but would have been happy to,stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have travelled a lot through Asia & have found this hotel to be one of the best we have used. The premises were extremely well presented inside & out, the staff's attention to detail & guest needs were fantastic, always smiling & accommodating. The only reason for rating sleep quality as average is that we are used to a soft bed at home & no reflection on the hotel. The location is very good, easy walk to town centre & even the Central Market however for some Tuk Tuks may suit better & are readily available. Food quality was excellent & would recommend the Full American Breakfast. Other restaurants are within close proximity. Pool is a good size 25m lap pool & the loungers are tidy & well maintained.
To sum it up we would & are recommending this hotel to anyone visiting Phnom Pehn.

New Zealand

1  Thank Caryl H
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent boutique hotel in a quaint, cool location in Phnom Penh - off the tourist beat, yet only a short tuk tuk ride from the river and city center.

Staff are above and beyond, and rooms are clean, neat, well decorated and quiet.

Street 240 where White Mansion is located, has some of the best food and bars in the city, all within a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple