“Wonderful hotel, extremely helpful staff!”
Review of White Mansion

White Mansion
Ranked #8 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Positano, Italy
“Wonderful hotel, extremely helpful staff!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The White Mansion was the perfect stay for our time in Phnom Penh. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left this boutique hotel we were treated like family by the staff at the White Mansion. They helped with everything from arranging tuk-tuks to dinner to helping us find a hotel in our next destination. They were extremely attentative and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable at all times. Breakfast in the attached cafe was great each morning, with three meal choices and always fresh local fruits and juices. Our room was very large and provided all of the amentities that you could ask for and more- air conditioning, television, dvd player, hair drier, pool and free wifi just to name a few. This hotel is located along the charming street 240 which is a safe and clean area filled with cute boutique shops and great restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area- well worth the cost!!

1 Thank jfroster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It was our first time in Cambodia and we felt we were the luckiest people in the world to have discovered the White Mansion.

I know. My opening statement seems extraordinarily unrealistic. Truth be told, I believe it to be one hundred percent correct. You may check my previous reviews. I have stayed in a number of good hotels all over the world. This may not be a Raffles, Peninsula or Mandarin. BUT being a smaller hotel benefits their guests because they will get first class personalized service.

I agree with previous reviews. We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings. I will not waste your time and reiterate what has been previously posted. Instead, I will put my personal anecdotes of my stay.

We were WARMLY greeted by the staff of the White Mansion. Shout out goes to the elegant and gracious General Manager Madame Moon. She gave stellar restaurant recommendations. She even shared tips on shopping,dining and transportation. One night, when our tuktuk driver got lost on our way to Armand restaurant, we called her on her personal mobile phone to ask her to direct our driver to right place. Wonderful service.

But what made our experience EXTRAORDINARILY OUT OF THIS WORLD was the level of service KAREN gave us. AMAZING can't even begin to describe this lady who seems to be running the whole hotel. When she learned that we were in Phnom Penh for business and that we needed as much help as possible, she disappeared into her office and within minutes (no exaggeration) came up with a whole list and itinerary of people and places to visit and meet for possible business. She also arranged our transportation to the said places. No task was too small and no question was unanswered. If she didn't have the answer immediately of the top of her head, she will magically find the answer and get back to us within a few minutes. In fact, we LOVED her so much that we seriously thought of pirating her and bringing her back home with us! LOL! She's so efficient.

She also introduced us to trustworthy sellers in the Russian Market. That helped us tremendously and we didn't need to waste time haggling with the sellers. They just gave us the best price they possibly could.

After numerous meetings with suppliers, including a trip to Silk Island (which Karen arranged for us), I got sick on my last night. I couldn't bear to get out of bed to eat dinner and ordered room service instead. She sent a Get Well Soon card along with some medicines/vitamins for me to take to feel better.

White Mansion is extremely lucky to have Karen in their hotel. Our first business trip to Phnom Penh was tremendously successful primarily because of her and Ryan. We look forward to more business trips to Phnom Penh now. We will MOST DEFINITELY stay in White Mansion Hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 13 on the second floor, just one flight of stairs up. They do have an elevator if...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Charlene C
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The right place to stay in PP for business or leisure ,near from all the places to visit or restaurants and clubs, excellent staff always friendly and helpful. Never pushy to ask the guests to spend money I drinks ....The General Manager and The lady in charge of the guests always on board to look after the guests and the quality of service !!
The spa very good quality and real fair prices , the pool ...wonderful in themiddleof the city,and the suite we had was great ! No Noise good beds all amenities there and wifi everywhere in the hotel even in the garden/pool !!!
We had a real nice stay and we will go back there for our next stay . Thank you Mrs. Moune...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Visalux
hppwm, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear ''Visalux",

I am evidently enchanted to read from your lines that you enjoyed your stay with us at the White Mansion and that you described the property as "The best place to stay in Phnom Penh"
I strive,since day one,to focus on my patron"s well being and it is so gratifying to receive such comment that seems to prove that I somehow doing a good job!!
Our vision for the property is precisely in line with what you mention and such comment will evidently strengthen even more our motivation.

With best regards,

Mrs Sao Moun Daung
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

White Mansion is not your usual boutique hotel. The design is intricately elegant, a very cozy place.

Checking in is fast and hassle free. They provided cool towels and quenching watermelon drink. Staffs are friendly but not intrusive and pushy. They showed us the hotel before leading us to our room. There is a small boutique at the corner run by a local NGO if u dont have enough time to go shopping at the markets. Pool is great! I was able to do my regular 10 laps in the morning. There are also several intimate shaded lounges and sun decks. A business center equiped with printer pc and fax plus a games area for those who are travelling with kids. I tried the deep tissue massage twice which is soooooooo relaxing. I never heard the masseuse talking or complaining about anything just a smile before and after the theraphy. For me its just perfect and professional.

When i first entered our room, i knw that this is my hotel! The aircon is on, there are fresh fruits and flowers , big cabinets to store our luggages, 2 tvs, high ceilings very clean and fresh. The bed is comfortable with reading lights and they have a pillow menu. The dark classy furnitures are well picked and arranged. A portfolio about the Phnom Penh is also provided. I requested a room with balcony as my husband smokes. It gives you the taste of the city.

The cafe has a vibrant aura. It is very clean and the food is yummy. I love how they prepare their breakfast its not the usual boring buffet. The food is hot and you have lots of options. I had my perfect egg benedict after staying 2 weeks in SEA. You can either choose from their set or mix and match them. The staffs speaks good english and attentive and its really a plus factor for me being very picky with food. They are well trained i must say.

The front desk staffs helped us with everything. Being new with place im quite anxious but they made us feel safe and comfortable. They were the ones talking to the tuktuk drivers where we want to go and even bargaining for us. They explained to us how and where to get from one place to another and the history beyond it. Its really interesting. The restaurant that we want to go is fully book so they recommend us to the place just down the road. The staffs seems to be enjoying what theyre doing not only because its a part of their job. Their GM is very kind. Shes always at front greeting everyone.

White Mansion is not really our first choice, but the hotel we initially wanted is full but guest what? Our White Mansion experience was the best part of our SEA journey. A real fab hotel with awesome staffs and delightful service. This is my home in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed August 2012
Man, West Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

we had a wonderful stay at the white mansion. the room was huge, really comfortable and well styled. the customer service of the staff was impressive, anything you asked for was not a problem, and everything was done with a smile. great hotel, great location, great service, book this hotel. i will definitely go back.

1 Thank Robert P
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Based on TA reviews, we booked at this hotel.
While we cannot say it is a horrible place, the review seem too generous for the price you pay.
Rooms are large, with standard cheap furniture. We can hear people passing in the corridor, in their neighboring room, no sound insulation.
Where most of the hotels we considered in Phnom Penh offer breakfast as part of their room rates, this one alludes you to book with them at a "special price" and shocks you with 11 $ extra per person, for a basic nothing to salivate on breakfast. Their yogurt is so sour it seems like it is expired and breakfast offers a recycling opportunity.
To add insult to injury, we tried their spa and instead of coming out relaxed, we were nearly crying to the plight of their therapist, who was explaining to us the miserable salary reinforced by a very sour face (all this while we were getting our treatment). The poor person might have eaten an even more expired yogurt than us.
Seriously speaking not a bad building, but not worth its rating.

6 Thank Cathy931
Albury, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I booked on Wotif for 2 nights and found it a beautiful boutique hotel at an excellent value for money. We were told it was only opened after extensive renovations in January this year being the old American Ambassadors residence. Large room with nice touches such as cookies, fresh fruit platter daily and plenty of complimentary bottled water.

The service was great, very attentive although a few seemed a little nervous in their need to please at times. The breakfast in the cafe was included and plenty for us with plenty of choice.. The pool was a lovely way to relax at the end of a hot day exploring the city with a mojito in hand. There was a little notice around during the day which is expected in the middle of the city but over night it was very quiet.

Would recommend to anyone who likes the more personal boutique type hotel.