2,181 results
All reviewseric kayserfrench cafetuk tukjunior suiteamerican embassybeautiful hoteltop floorrooms are largemini bargreat boutiqueroyal palacebreakfast is servednice poolkilling fieldswelcome drinkvisiting phnom penhbusy city
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We have stayed at a few of the high class hotels in Phnom Penh. This one is my favorite for a few reasons. Your room makes you feel like you have a home away from home, we were in 412 on the fourth floor. The balcony is perfect for morning sunrise. Welcome drink, along with fresh towels made our first few hours excellent. The breakfast was delicious and the Café was bright and lovely with peaceful atmosphere. Just loved the staff giving warm feeling of being a real "guest"!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Booked this place based on the TA reviews which are outstanding. Lets start with the good things: Spacious rooms, big reception which is nice to receive business partners and smiley staff.
Unfortunately this is were it ended. The Elevater was out of service made me tired of the stairs, the pool chairs 8 nos for 30 rooms is a bit on the low side if you dont want to stand in the garage entry, this is why the pool is so large and narrow, missing the tropical atmosphere to relax instead hearing the ac units. Breakfast poor.
I stayed in Le saffran before and wanted to treat myself, but I think for 100 ++ there should be better places...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dorothea M
Reviewed April 6, 2012

feeling a little sick, we went to stay here for 3 nights - excellent location - great young staff - very good breakfast - swimmingpool is great

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed April 5, 2012

First: It's good to note that the hotel is ON Street 240 NEAR the intersection with Street 51 (across the street and about 10 meters up 240 from the Sokimex Gas Station.) Many of the tuk-tuk and taxi drivers at the airport do not know where it is and have a hard time finding it even when you're 20 feet from the entrance. (I luckily had a smartphone w/GPS service and Google maps the night I arrived otherwise I don't think I would have gotten there!)

Clean, simple designs with all the needed amenities. The suite had a nice combination of practical (double sinks with plenty of counter space, plugs where you want them, safe, CNN, closets, mini-bar and complimentary in-room coffee) and sleek design (high ceilings, attractive bathroom.) There are complimentary bottles of water when you arrive so you don't have to worry about running out to get them or ordering them from room service the first night. The a/c is adjustable but may be difficult to figure out if you haven't used these types before. (They are common in Japan but I think they are unusual for Americans.) There's DVD player in the room which I didn't use but I can imagine is useful if you have children and you can borrow DVDs. The suite was large with a nice balcony. If you face the street there's some noise, although it seemed to be mostly children playing at a school which is sort of sweet. Good blackout curtains. There's a nice arrival drink and fruit plate when you arrive. There's complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel and a business center with computers and a printer that guests can use for free. The service is friendly (they're trying) but seems like the kinks are still being worked out but I assume this will improve with time (be persistent.) Close to the Frizz Restaurant (which delivers to the hotel) and the Chocolate shop. Walking (depend on how much you want to sweat) to the museum, palace. However, it's sort of isolated and dark so even though I normally walk everywhere alone, I wasn't comfortable walking to/from their at night. Breakfast is in the nice attached cafe. Table service but they will bring out whatever you want and refills so basically unlimited. (It was included with my rate. Otherwise it's $11.) Coffee was great. Try the passion fruit juice.

There's a spa (9am - 9pm) and small pool onsite. I was told I only needed to book the spa 15 minutes before (but I booked the day after I arrived.) Service, again could use some improvement (being left waiting 15 mins after my appointment time while the receptionist worked out another appointment on the phone...nevertheless, the treatment ended at the same time so no extra time added; room was freezing for my scrub and no towel cover or anything so basically wet and freezing cold even after I asked to turn off the air, etc.) I liked that you could specify a "deep tissue" massage and not just a basic aromatherapy massage like other places. The massage was the best I had in Cambodia. (I had 4 at both inexpensive and nicer spas.) Prices are similar or a teeny bit less than the other nicer spas ($20 - $25 for a 60 min massage.)

This hotel is new and it seems they are taking other reviews into account (for example, the air conditioning was on in my room when I arrived) so I expect the kinks to be worked out. Would be interested to stay here again if I return to PP.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
hppwm, Guest Relations Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It was great to have you with us! Thank you for posting your review.

As we previously discussed, we are working out hard to meet all of our guest's expectation.

As you said hotel location is nice and very quiet, you can walk to any place or take tuk tuk. Just to reassure you, White Mansion is in a middle of a high end district of Phnom Penh: within 100m, there are 5 embassies, 4 of the most important Royal Cambodian ministries, the 2 best clinics in town, most famous Japanese restaurant, most famous French restaurant, supermarket and some politicians living here... So, no weed to worry about safety, even at night. The end of Street 240 is one of the most protected area :)

All the Spa team was delighted that you really appreciated your massages. Please do not hesitate, to ask to switch off AC (or make it cooler) as this really depend on each guest feeling. We can not adjust the same for everybody: only your personal feeling count.

Once again, thanks for your kind words. We are looking forward for your next stay!

Sokha Meu
Guest Relations manager

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The staff at White Mansion were excellent - very eager to help with any of our needs, always with smile. The room was nice and spacious and very clean. Food was good and the excellent all you can eat breakfast was a great deal

Location is out the way (quiet) whilst still being in the centre of everything, within walking distance of Royal Palace and shopping street. Great Spa and big swimming pool.

We were only here 2 nights but would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple