“excellent value. lovely staff”
Review of Samaky

Samaky
Ranked #262 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: International
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“excellent value. lovely staff”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Altough Samaky is not the most sophistcated restaurant, I just keep going there for so many reasons. The owner is friendly, the staff well educated and sweet, and the food is really good quality. Now the renovation is done the athmospere is really good and airy, and the streetviews remain interesting.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Camikasia

Gateshead, England
“Phnom Penh - Samaky - After a long day a bit of a treat”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

As others have said in their reviews here we were at the One Up Banana Hotel and drifted the short distance to the Samaky Restaurant and as it was our first night in Phnom Penh thought it looked a pretty decent place so gave it a try. What a result. Sitting comfortably at the edge of the restaurant, half open air, service was swift and the staff most welcoming. I shared some spring rolls with my wife and then had the beef and chicken skewer kebabs. My wife had a chicken dish in a sauce which I can't quite remember the name of but will say that the food was delicious. The best meal I had in Phnom Penh and probably the best meal I had during our six days in Cambodia. It was wonderful. Washed down with a few beers we even then treated ourselves to a couple of Bacardi's, we felt that good. The food was served pretty much spot on and hot and all through the meal we were comfortable with no hassles. Service with a smile too sent us on our way after paying the extremely reasonable bill. Thanks Samaky we thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Thank SteveJacksonnufc
Hong Kong, China
“Food and service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at One Up Banana Hotel and their staffs suggested me to try out Samaky, which is just two minutes walk from the hotel. Samaky is a great restaurant to try out. Food quality is excellent and their service is amazing. Happened to there was a young gentleman who sells mangoes right in front of the restaurant, I then popped over to purchase couple of them. Right after I walked back to my table, one of the waiters came to me and asked if I need a hand to prepare a mango plate. Two minutes later, a big plate of mangoes was ready on my table. This is service and because of this, I went back three times to this restaurant. Thank you, everyone in Samaky.

Their cambodian dishes are highly recommended!

1 Thank Carmen K
“Terrible restaurant, microwaved food, bad service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The staff here are rude. They walk around like muted robots, drop a menu on the table and promptly disappear for the next 20 minutes.

Word of warning: do NOT order the fried noodles. They are 100% reheated and microwaved. The noodles are basically spaghetti and doughy. They're clumped together and cold in the middle (courtesy of the botch job done by the microwave).

“Good food spot”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Tried Samaky as another eating option and was very happy we did. Food presentation is great and taste is same. A bit higher priced but the meals we have had there have been worth it. We will continue to try other dishes as staff pleasant and attentive.

Visited March 2014