“Not honest !! Give bad condition rooms in first floor although upstairs got other available rooms!!”
Review of Number 9 Hotel

Number 9 Hotel
Ranked #35 of 327 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2012

After saw some review here, I decided take tis hotel! We book thru its website earlier! When reached, they give us first floor room which near the kitchen!! At that moment , we asked is there any other room at higher floor! He said no! When we went into the room, the room is spray with perfume in very strong smell! After that we go out and when come back, omg- the room is very smelly! Then we try to change room, they gave us a very bad condition rooms! Also in 1st floor! We really think that we had been cheated and try to argue with them, finally we get what we reserved! There got normal room for us but they dun want let us stay!! It is very bad! Hope u all walk in instead using booking! Cause walked in seem can get room which they displayed in website !! If they give you 1st floor, please find other places better !!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Good location near by several restaurants, bars and attractions - walking distance to Royal Palace, National Museum and even the NIght Market. Friendly staff and good food. If you plan to have breakfast at the hotel its worth including it in room ($2-2.5 extra), since most dishes are more than $3 each and tea/coffee ranges $1.50-4. The rooms are quite small, especially the single ones - try and get a room with a window (only a few single ones have windows).
And there is room for bargain on the room price if you stay more than 4-5 days.

Room Tip: Ask for a window - not all of them have one!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very well located hotel with a tasteless black and white designed bar downstairs, a nice open lounge on the first floor and a cocktail bar with jacuzzi. About the rooms i can only tell mine was very bad for the price to pay: a booking online with confirmation doesn't garantee a reservation; the check in should be at 2pm but we had to wait almost 2 hours before we could go to the room and it wasn't even cleaned! Meanwhile they only offered us a seat, so we couldn't refresh after a long travel nor enjoy the pool (which was full anyway). In the room (very oldfashioned) the wifi didn't work, the ceiling was dripping into the bad tube, sheets were humid. By leaving the place it seemed breakfast wasn't even included in the high price! (25$ for a double room) Luckily they had a good menu! the welcome was friendly but not all of the people seemed competent enough to work in such a place. Especially their knowledge of English was sometimes problematic.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms downstairs behind the kitchen: they are humid and claustrofobic as there is no way o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katzi F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel is a good place to stay however the room I got was really, really tiny, hardly space to put my luggage, and they refused to change it for me. When it rained it also flooded my room.
The facilities are average for the price and i don't think i would stay here again. Keep looking folks.

Room Tip: Check your room is the size of a shoe box first.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mingalablah
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We decided to book here after reading about it in Lonely Planet and looking at pictures online. The restaurant and bar areas are nice and modern and I would recommend coming here to eat or to have a few drinks by the pool but not to stay. The room we were given was on the ground floor with a window that looked onto a wall about a foot away. The room was big but the bathroom attached was awful, dated and extremely mouldy.
The staff at reception seemed pretty clueless as well, we booked a bus with them and were told it would pick us up from the hotel but when we checked out the next day with 30 mins to go before our bus left they informed us that we needed to make our own way to the bus station which they found funny.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

calgary
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I recently had a very nice stay at this hotel with my husband. For the amount we paid, this hotel was great value. Clean an comfortable rooms. Chic bar and lounge, relaxing pool area. Good food. And great location.
The only concen I had with the hotel was costumer service. None of the servers/staff spoke English (it took twenty minutes to fun out what was in one of the pasta dishes). And the manager lied to us repeatedly. He booked a tour for us which then told us was cancelled. He then tried to rip us off by getting us to hire a car full day, when we clearly told him we wanted to see 2 sights only. He the. Proceeded to rip us off by getting us an expensive tuktuk driver. He told us laundry would be ready the next day, and it took way too long (and lost some of our clothes). And he booked a bus for us to siem reap, which he said would pick us up at 12 (then told my husband 1215 several times), but actually showed 1145! All of this happened an he never once bothered to inform us of the changes - for example, if we didn't show up to the desk to ask an unrelated question, he wouldn't have called our room to tell us the bus driver had arrived and would have left without us!
So after all my rambling, we overall enjoyed hotel, just had some issues with the manager and staff.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank cdoctorCalgary
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Well what seemed a nice hotel, soon changed into the worst! The decor and layout of the hotel is lovely, but don't let that fool you! First of all, I rightly complained as I found a black hair in my food, the waiter politely apologised and offered to change it for me. It was brought out maybe 20 - 25 minutes later. My boyfriend had already finished his and the people who had ordered there's after us had finished eating! Once we got the bill I asked to speak to the manager as I wanted to see if we could get my meal for free for the whole inconvenience. It was only around $4. We were still willing to pay for the rest of course! They said no. After a bit if an argument they said I could have $1.50 off my meal. It seemed a bit of a slap in the face really. I thought I was being reasonable asking for a small discount. In the end the waiters came up to our room and said we only had to pay $7 for all which I thought was fair enough. However, the staff themselves had to pay the manager $4 each out of their own pay packet!! It had nothing to do with the waiters, it was the chefs hair as it was buried right in my food! I was furious that they had to pay and the hotel out of greed wouldn't allow a small discount. They infact made money from the staff. One waiter was told he had to eat my curry! The one that had the hair in! How can they treat there staff like that? To make matters worse, when we departed the hotel. We realised that $350-400 worth of our money was stolen! We came into our room one day and a lot of our stuff was moved around in different places whilst the maids had been cleaning. We thought it was a little strange but thought nothing of it really. We got to Thailand with 2.50 each per day! For food and travel because the Maids at number 9 had helped themselves to our money! We are 99.99999% sure it was the maids. As I had my eyes on my money like a hawk at all times outside of that hotel room. We left no scope outside for anyone to lay hands on our money/passports etc. the hotel have stopped replying to my emails as I have been enquiring into it. That just shows how much they care for their customers. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Pick another hotel out of the thousands in phnom penh!

• Stayed November 2012