“Consistently one of the best Dining Experiences in Phnom Penh”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lost Room

The Lost Room
Ranked #37 of 1,404 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Fusion, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: 'Once was Lost but now Found' Our menu features small to medium plates of good quality & interactive ingredients that are meant for sharing in a 'dinner party' style. We would like our customers to 'graze', share and expand their taste sensations. Australian imported Lamb & Kangaroo, Pork Belly, Fish & Fusion dishes are available. Global wine selections offer many by the Glass. Our Location a bit off the "beaten track" ergo the Lost Room Please call for directions & bookings are welcomed as we are a small venue. Air Con Non-smoking inside and out side seating for those in need.Credit Cards are not accepted at this stage. Mr P tuk driver is generally available. Please come & find The Lost Room...
cambodia
“Consistently one of the best Dining Experiences in Phnom Penh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Lost room is one of frequent dining places in Phnom Penh and never disappoints on either food front or welcoming atmosphere whether we are ding as a couple or large party of friends. The menu changes regularly which keeps it interesting for us frequent visitors but i do have my favorites such as Pear n blue cheese parcels with mango puree, Crispy pork belly braised in dark Ale the Seared Duck on lentils with bacon n date puree and Moroccan lamb filet. Plenty of choices too for Vegetarians. The owners Derek and Wendy are seasoned hospitality professionals from Australia and 10 years in Phnom Penh. Good wine list to accompany food and prices are very reasonable. The staff are excellent and happy to explain menu to you. It not hard to find, there is a map in the visitors photos section here.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Paul A
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and we are very pleased that you find us always consistently making each dining experience in the Lost Room, for your and your friends, truly satisfying .
Consistency, along with a creative changing menu , is one of our major objectives which we strive for .
Thank you and We both look forward to welcoming you back at the Lost Room Soon .
Regards
The LOST ROOM ,Phnom Penh

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Phnom Penh
“Didn't enjoy the atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

A friend suggested Lost Room but it wasn't for me. It certainly is not the most obvious of places being hidden down a dark narrow street (hence the name I guess). The Australian hosts are pleasant enough but I just did not like the general feel of the place. It is definitely an expat hangout and the decor is rather sparse for my liking, urban chic I guess you could call it. The food was well cooked but in my opinion over-priced to comparable places in the city. I would not return but i can see why others like it.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Priyanka R
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Sorry for Late reply , Thank you for your comments , Urban chic is the feeling we wanted and have achieved that . Thank you also for the comments regarding the food, our price structure takes into account the quality of ingredients and time and effort we put into creating a very different menu unlike any other menu in Phnom Penh . As with any dining establishment ,it is impossible to please all the people all the time . But we do try .
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
The Lost Room
Frankfurt, Germany
“Easy to find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

A very nice evening in good company and excellent food.
It was easy to find the way. Behind the Russian embassy turn right and go to the end of a very narrow road and turn left. Then about 300 meters and on the right side you will see the Lost Room.
The delicious salad with marinated feta combined with roasted pumpkin and the spectacular tender duck are my favorites.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank PetersPl
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind review and we are very pleased your enjoyed your meal. Thank you also for describing the best way to find us . We look forward to seeing you again .
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went to this restaurant last week and are counting down the days until we can go again... it may take a while to find (we had an unusually knowledgeable tuk tuk driver who luckily knew where 'The Lost Room' was) but it's definitely worth it.

The food at the restaurant is designed for sharing, but there was no chance of this happening when we went! To start, we had some delicious tapas-y nibbles, including goats cheese crostinis, amazing falafel followed by the most beautiful pork belly and some incredible sea bass. My boyfriend was over the moon with his pork belly whilst I got two big chunks of fish which were cooked to perfection. The mains were all around $7 and substantially sized.

For desert, we had homemade sticky toffee pudding which was divine - the best I've ever had!

We can't wait to go again and take our friends and family when they visit us here!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank gaby0712
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Sorry for the delay in responding ( just found out how to do it) .
Thank you very much for the very kind and welcome comments. It s always a pleasure to read positive comments and to know we are appreciated .
Look forward to seeing you again some time .
“Flawless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went here the first time with my girlfriend and a friend. If you only ate at one restaurant while in PP I would recommend it be Lost Room. Our entire experience, from greeting to leaving, was absolutely brilliant. The service, was warm, friendly and attentive. The owners Wendy and Derek are both incredibly kind and personable. Even though our server did a bang-up job, Wendy topped off the experience with personal attention, offering suggestions, talking about the menu, and recommending a delicious and affordable wine to accompany our meal. While the ambience is charming, the staff and owners awesome, the real treasure of Lost Room is definitely the food. Honestly some of the best dishes I've had in SEA with quality and attention to detail that would challenge its weight class in any major city in the world. We went with the pear & blue cheese parcels, crostini with goat cheese, the signature braised pork belly, the kangaroo filet, and the vegetable stuffed baby pumpkin. The parcels and crostini took me home, the braised pork belly was melt in your mouth delicious and the stuffed baby pumpkin was probably one of my favourite dishes. The only plate that took some getting used to was the kangaroo with juniper and strawberry glaze. Wendy did warn us in advance that its not for everyone. I found it very earthy and gamey, which is okay with me. My girlfriend was not a huge fan but my friend really enjoyed it, so that one went to split decision. The glaze made it for me though, I don't think I would have enjoyed it otherwise. Its worth a try if you're an adventurous eater. Our bill worked out to about $20 a person which included 2 bottles of wine so while not the cheapest eats in PP its still a very fair price for such an amazing experience. I hope you get the chance to check it out for yourself.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank coconutfarmer
Sorry for the Delay in responding (just found out how to reply to comments)
Thank you for the review and we are extremely happy that you appreciated your dining experience with us at The Lost Room.
We look forward to seeing you again .
Regards