“Amazing food!”

The Lost Room
Ranked #38 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 'Once was Lost but now Found' Our menu features small to medium plates of good quality & interactive ingredients that are meant for sharing in a 'dinner party' style. We would like our customers to 'graze', share and expand their taste sensations. Australian imported Lamb & Kangaroo, Pork Belly, Fish & Fusion dishes are available. Global wine selections offer many by the Glass. Our Location a bit off the "beaten track" ergo the Lost Room Please call for directions & bookings are welcomed as we are a small venue. Air Con Non-smoking inside and out side seating for those in need.Credit Cards are not accepted at this stage. Mr P tuk driver is generally available. Please come & find The Lost Room...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went to this restaurant last week and are counting down the days until we can go again... it may take a while to find (we had an unusually knowledgeable tuk tuk driver who luckily knew where 'The Lost Room' was) but it's definitely worth it.

The food at the restaurant is designed for sharing, but there was no chance of this happening when we went! To start, we had some delicious tapas-y nibbles, including goats cheese crostinis, amazing falafel followed by the most beautiful pork belly and some incredible sea bass. My boyfriend was over the moon with his pork belly whilst I got two big chunks of fish which were cooked to perfection. The mains were all around $7 and substantially sized.

For desert, we had homemade sticky toffee pudding which was divine - the best I've ever had!

We can't wait to go again and take our friends and family when they visit us here!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank gaby0712
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Sorry for the delay in responding ( just found out how to do it) .
Thank you very much for the very kind and welcome comments. It s always a pleasure to read positive comments and to know we are appreciated .
Look forward to seeing you again some time .
Derek & Wendy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Flawless”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went here the first time with my girlfriend and a friend. If you only ate at one restaurant while in PP I would recommend it be Lost Room. Our entire experience, from greeting to leaving, was absolutely brilliant. The service, was warm, friendly and attentive. The owners Wendy and Derek are both incredibly kind and personable. Even though our server did a bang-up job, Wendy topped off the experience with personal attention, offering suggestions, talking about the menu, and recommending a delicious and affordable wine to accompany our meal. While the ambience is charming, the staff and owners awesome, the real treasure of Lost Room is definitely the food. Honestly some of the best dishes I've had in SEA with quality and attention to detail that would challenge its weight class in any major city in the world. We went with the pear & blue cheese parcels, crostini with goat cheese, the signature braised pork belly, the kangaroo filet, and the vegetable stuffed baby pumpkin. The parcels and crostini took me home, the braised pork belly was melt in your mouth delicious and the stuffed baby pumpkin was probably one of my favourite dishes. The only plate that took some getting used to was the kangaroo with juniper and strawberry glaze. Wendy did warn us in advance that its not for everyone. I found it very earthy and gamey, which is okay with me. My girlfriend was not a huge fan but my friend really enjoyed it, so that one went to split decision. The glaze made it for me though, I don't think I would have enjoyed it otherwise. Its worth a try if you're an adventurous eater. Our bill worked out to about $20 a person which included 2 bottles of wine so while not the cheapest eats in PP its still a very fair price for such an amazing experience. I hope you get the chance to check it out for yourself.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank coconutfarmer
Sorry for the Delay in responding (just found out how to reply to comments)
Thank you for the review and we are extremely happy that you appreciated your dining experience with us at The Lost Room.
We look forward to seeing you again .
Regards

Derek & Wendy
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“One of my favourite restaurants!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Definitely a destination restaurant (not for me as I live in the neighbourhood), but well- worth it. Every meal has been excellent and I'm now hooked on their caramelized pork belly. The menu is small, but innovative and there is always an excellent variety to choose from, ranging from duck to fish (and vegetarian options). The owners are friendly and the staff are warm and friendly.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ange3970
Perth, Australia
“Found the Lost Room”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Finally found the Lost Room and glad we did.Tucked away in a narrow laneway, this delightfully warm and welcoming boutique style restaurant is well worth the visit. Once you know where it is it is not that hard to find.

Warm welcome and good service for starters but that was only an introduction to extra ordinary food and wine that come next. A well thought out menu with some interesting and different choices. My favourite was the blue cheese pockets with mango followed closely by the lamb.This was a wonderful and unique meal that we all enjoyed

Excellent wine list at reasonable prices and friendly hosts. What more could you want. Now we know where you are, we will be back often.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kendelle
“Neighborhood dinning chic”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Lovely out of the way urban dinning hole-in-the-wall / shop-house.
Jacques Derrida style deconstructed interior and very accommodating bar give the place a great feel and ambiance.
Food is served tasting / sharing plate style, eclectic and ambitious cuisine well executed.

Excellent and fairly extensive list of beverages and wines behind the bar. Good neighborhood dinning space chic feel -where one can be comfortable dropping in alone for a bite of something significantly better than the usual cheap crap on offer or, can drop in for a drink and a chat with whoever else turns up at the bar or, go the full bottle dinner with friends or significant other.

I note a few reviews complaining about the price but in all honesty this would be considered outrageously cheap anywhere else and is really only perhaps slightly higher than mid price range for significantly better quality. Cheap eats can be fun but, if its the quality of what you stick in your pie hole that matters then this place is more than reasonable its a revelation.

• Visited July 2012