“Very pleasant small restaurant.”
Review of Anaora - CLOSED

Anaora
Cuisines: Cambodian, French
Description: Fine Khmer and French cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. The place to give your mind a rest and to make your taste buds cheerful.Happy hour 5.30pm to 7.30pm Anchor draft and cocktail buy 1 get 1 free - open 10am - 11.30pm - free wifi - #57 street 178 - 023 969 453
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've eaten here twice and enjoyed both meals. The owner is French so the menu is French and Khmer. Service is very polite, atmosphere is quiet and calm, food is nice, presentation attractive. I'll return here for sure.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant on our first night in Cambodia after a long and tiring flight. Arriving at about 9pm the restaurant was very quiet with only one other table occupied. I was worried this might be an ominous sign. Completely wrong impression! The food was simply fantastic. The caramel pork was tender and delicious. It's set the bar high for the rest of our trip.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Anaora was just what we needed having just flown in to phnom penh feeling tired, hungry and jet lagged. Our tuk-tuk dropped us off at the FCC and we carried on walking down the street, initially unsure whether we'd find it as the street got quieter, away from the riverbank. Having found it we were welcomed by the friendly French owner who remained attentive throughout the evening. We ordered the spring rolls which were really fresh (lovely basil and mint) and the caramelised pork, which was so tender and delicate - not sickly or heavy as one might imagine. The entire meal was delicious. To top it off, the soft lighting, breeze from the street and chilled out jazz playing in the background made for a very relaxing setting. A great evening at very good value.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We happened into this restaurant after failing to find one that was listed in our guidebook, and we could not have been more pleased! The Tom Yum soup was fantastic, and seafood noodles were delicious also. The waiter (owner, I think) spoke English and French and clearly understood when I said I had a peanut allergy. The price was very reasonable. I highly recommend!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I as did another stumble accros this place by accident. I intended to go to another restaurant however upon arriving at its address it resembled a new aparent block. I proceeded on foot not a clue where I was going when by chance this oasis appeared in front of me. I was hot and bothered an in need of a refreshment so is stopped for the happy hour special.
Decided to stay for diner and decline the offerings of the river area. I was rewarded by my intuition and can not fault this place. Exceptionally clean and I'm contrast to the external surroundings. Dine accompanied by jazz is alway a delight. As for the meal it self outstanding and plentiful. I opted for a starter and main with the Arok simply unique and delicious.
This place was perfect for me after an entire day travelling by boat from Vietnam.

Thank Michael.in.Sydney