“Great selection of fresh veggies and fruit”
Review of Vego Salad Bar - CLOSED

Vego Salad Bar
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Healthy, clean and cool cafe in Phnom Penh with two locations - one near Wat Lanka on Street 51 and a larger cafe with outdoor seating on Street 294. We offer Asian fusion food and are famous in Cambodia for our pick your own salad bar, bagels, chocolate brownies and recently introduced falafel on pitas. We rolled out a new menu in November 2013 with more sandwich options.
Vancouver
“Great selection of fresh veggies and fruit”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I found this place very refreshing and we had many breakfasts here during our stays in PP. They offer a salad bar of sorts with several wrap or sandwich options or you can pick your own ingredients for a salad. It's not cheap and a lot more expensive than the street but after several months in SE Asia we really enjoyed fresh veggies prepared in this way. They also had bagels and smoothies.

• Visited June 2013

UK
“Really good vegetarian option”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Design your own salads etc. Very well done actually and in a nice setting. I eat here for lunch often when I'm in the area.

Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went to eat 2 times at Vego Salad Bar and I was really pleased with the food and the service. The food was tasty and I liked the atmosphere in the restaurant. The decor was nice and the restaurant was very clean. The staff was polite and I didn't wait too long for my food. Would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
Udaipur, India
“Fantastic salads”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Definitely worth a visit! It does get busy so may be worth going early for lunch. Nice and relaxed atmosphere. A lot of good vegetarian options available. Excellent presentation of salads.

Visited September 2013
Avignon, France
“Management change?”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am been a huge fan of Vego ever since they opened more than a year ago on Street 51. THe salads were fab, fresh and varied, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the chocolate brownies to die for.... However, ever since they have opened the second branch with a bigger, nicer, more convivial setting, the small one on 51 has totally changed, and I would not recommend it anymore. I was there last night, and for the second time in a row, the salad was half the size of what I usually got, it was swimming in water (the lettuce had clearly not been washed properly) and the nonchalant staff were really unpleasant. My friend ordered a drink she never got, and the chocolate brownie I was longing for was just a mere dry chocolate-flavoured cake. I will not go to the small Vego anymore unless they train their staff properly and get their standards back up again.

• Visited September 2013
VegoSaladBar, Owner at Vego Salad Bar, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear LMLasie,

We have taken on board your comments. On behalf of the management, we hope that you will accept our sincere apology for service issues, etc. We have not changed management from the day we opened 4 years ago. Best, the Owners