“Fresh and Friendly”
Review of Vego Salad Bar - CLOSED

Vego Salad Bar
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Healthy, clean and cool cafe in Phnom Penh with two locations - one near Wat Lanka on Street 51 and a larger cafe with outdoor seating on Street 294. We offer Asian fusion food and are famous in Cambodia for our pick your own salad bar, bagels, chocolate brownies and recently introduced falafel on pitas. We rolled out a new menu in November 2013 with more sandwich options.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I go to the little place just off of st 278. And I bet I go at least three times per week. This is a very simple and basic concept. Fresh salads and yogurt breakfasts. You can choose your own ingredients or choose one of the 'templates' and you can have it as a salad or in a wrap. They also have bagels and you can get canned beer. If you are a regular there is a card where you can earn a free meal. The ingredients are fresh, and organic (though who knows who is regulating that in Cambodia) and the staff are always upbeat and lovely. The bagels are not going to win any contests in NYC, but they are definitely decent. I guess my only complaint with Vego is that the wraps are often a little underdone and doughy. They close at 9 and they do deliver and do take out. I usually just choose my own ingredients and pay $3.75 for my fix of veggies. It is tiny and sometimes at lunch it can be really crowded. I usually go around 8 and have it all to myself. Also they do have wifi there.

1  Thank KhunKru
There are newer reviews for Vego Salad Bar

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I like the fact they buy their salad from an small shop (social economy oriented) that is chemical free (Khmer Farmer Garden).
Also in a city like PP it is very valuable to be able to eat such fresh salad (Italian type) for such a cheap price (less than 4$);you can even pick up yourself your own ingredients!!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I order from Vego regularly for lunch. I love their wraps and salads which are always full of fresh produce. The food is of course more expensive than local Khmer food but it is well worth it. Their fruit juices are also fantastic.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Good food, a little overpriced but expected as their main clientele are expats in BKK. Really surprising no one else has cloned this idea yet.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I love the idea of making your own kind of salad with the ingredients you desire. The staff is great and it is always clean. Also just fyi you can mix the dressings to make your own. Also with the drinks you don't have to order how it is on the menu you can actually play around with the different fruits and vegetables for the shakes.