“Good food and good service”

Nelsons Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #187 of 1,427 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Me and some mates really enjoyed Karma. The location on the riverside is handy, the food was great and the portions will fill even the biggest stomach, i.e.mine. The service was decent and friendly. Karma is not fine dining but well worth a visit for a good honest feed at decent prices.

• Visited April 2013
Chouleang Y, Manager at Nelsons Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about Karma, it is very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your time at Karma and found the food and serving size to your liking. You are quite correct in stating we are not a ‘fine dining’ establishment, we focus on serving homestyle cuisine in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. I am pleased to hear you found the service to be ‘decent and friendly’ as this is very important to me.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Townsend, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A feel good place for simple fare”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A no fuss, good feel restaurant. I highly recommend their fish amok which was delicious, I also had a plate of steamed vegetables which were also tastily prepared. The service was friendly and they spoke decent English, plus the menu was in English and the staff were attentive. A place you can comfortably eat alone.

• Visited April 2013
Chouleang Y, Manager at Nelsons Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about Karma, it is very much appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Karma and found our Fish Amok to be ‘delicious’. I am pleased that you found our waitresses to be friendly and attentive with good English abilities.
Kobe
“Bad Karma”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I ignored the hair in my drink...that was okay. I even didn't mind the unfriendly service...but we waited 45 minutes for our food even though it wasn't busy (we were the only ones waiting for food). Then it came out cold, so I sent it back. 20 minutes later....still no food. I asked them when it was coming but couldn't get a clear answers. We were starving. It came 20 minutes later (so this is a full hour after ordering in a restaurant that was not busy) after we asked 3 times and it was still cold. The food was really average... and besides that we got a chicken curry rather than a pork curry we ordered.

• Visited April 2013
We always view reviews from a reviewer with only 1 restaurant review with caution / if not suspicion, especially when it bears no reality to other reviews and what I see on a daily basis. As such I have discussed this ‘incident’ with my staff as well as looking through our CCTV footage for the past 10 days and I am unable to ascertain when the above incident took place, if at all. To be honest, if I had experienced such bad service in a restaurant: hairs in drinks, unfriendly service, cold food, the wrong food, and having to wait over 1 hour and 20 minutes to be served I would have given the restaurant a ‘Terrible’ rating rather than just the ‘Poor’ rating you have given.
Singapore, Singapore
“Unpretentious and great value”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have eaten in a few places in Phnom Penh and we were really pleased with our experience at Karma. Being on the riverside it is great value for money, our meals with drinks were all around $7 each, and we left full. I ordered the ribs which were tasty and came with nice mashed potato, my friends ordered vegetable amok and sweet and sour pork, both really enjoyed them. The staff are friendly and eager to please without being over professional, indeed the whole feel of the place is relaxed and laidback, just what we were looking for after a day out and about.

1 Thank ChandiIndia
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about Karma, it is very much appreciated. We are delighted that you were ‘really pleased’ with your experience at Karma and felt your drinks and meals to be ‘great value for money’. I am pleased to hear you found the staff to be ‘friendly and eager to please’ and you enjoyed the laidback atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you back at Karma sometime in the future.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Yum. I miss Cambodian food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Delicious. We had the thai yellow curry and fish amok. Service good and well priced.
Dont understand why you have to add 50words

Visited March 2013
1 Thank daniel b
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about Karma, it is very much appreciated. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your food at Karma and that you found the service to be ‘good’ and the prices reasonable.