Open today: Closed
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews brewing process free flow tour guide nik session cambodia pp tourists
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Visited Kingdom Breweries as a change to the pubs and bars within the city centre and was not disappointed. Brilliantly friendly and knowledgeable staff with a wide range of samples of beer which is not on sale in the city centre.

1  Thank RockNRollRobot
Reviewed August 17, 2018

After receiving confirmation for our tour and beer tasting at Kingdom Breweries, we arrived at the brewery approximately 15 minutes prior, only to have the security guard greet us and instruct us to leave - brewery was closed.

I suppose I should have re-confirmed before....lesson learned. I suggest anybody interested in this double-check before arriving.

2  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

For $15 most enlightening tour with all the different steps of brewing with Nik & Hak who give the full information of all the brewing process and delightful bar area overlooking the Mekong River with all its daily business - Enjoyed all the sampling of their many beers - thanks Nik & Hak

3  Thank Jean D
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I always use TripAdvisor, but never write reviews. Unfortunately Kingdom Breweries needs more low reviews. They have MASSIVELY inflated their prices recently to $15 per person. Yes it includes unlimited beer and a brewery tour, but in Cambodia you should never pay more than $1 per beer. They only open 1-5pm so you likely won’t drink 15 beers in that time.
Or even if you consider their beer is twice as good as a standard beer, it’s unlikely you will drink 7 beers still.

If you compare it, you can can get a 1 liter Grapefruit Sculpin IPA in San Francisco California for $15 or do arguably the best brewery tour in the world at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin Ireland for €18.50 including a free pint of Guinness.

I give two stars instead of one because the staff members there were super friendly and were very hospitable, so they deserve all the praise; however the owners seriously need to rethink their business model! You cannot charge the same prices or MORE (since many brewery tours in the West are free) for your tour in Cambodia and not alienate your tourist clientele.

Finally, if this really must be the price going forward, this price is not listed on the website. The only price listed is $13 for their TGIF party, which sounds fun, but it should be fair to assume that a normal visit would be less than that.

3  Thank RayCarley
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Insightful tour of the brewery followed by some great beers in the tasting room. Thanks Ian for your great hospitality.

1  Thank TheGlobeHK
Reviewed May 10, 2018

My partner and I turned up on Thursday afternoon after being recommended to have a look by someone we had met on our travels.
The beers were great and the tour taken by Jay was really informative, he was enthusiastic and answered all of our questions as well as having a drink with us afterwards.
Definitely recommend as something to do in Phnom Penh and the price seemed reasonable.

3  Thank SimonC3957
Reviewed March 13, 2018

For $15 I got a few beers, followed by a brewery tour (where I could take my drink with me), a beer straight off the bottling line, and then as much beer as I could drink afterwards. How can you complain?!
Tour guide Nic was fabulous and she really knows her stuff. Myself and the other tourists had an absolute blast in the bar afterwards and I can confirm the strawberry cider is amazing!
The only issue I had was in originally finding the place. My tuk-tuk driver had no clue where it was but thanks to the maps option on my phone we managed to track it down. It's in an industrial area but the bar upstairs has a nice view of the river.

3  Thank Diane B
Reviewed March 4, 2018

On the first Friday of every month The Tap room stays open late, and puts on a beer buffet (with a burger) for $13.

Don't be intimidated by the industrial estate setting, you just go past the security at the gate, hang a right, and then make your way up two flights of stairs.

Four beers available:
1. Pilsener - ABV 5% IBU 22
2. IPA - ABV 6% IBU 55
3. White -ABV 5% IBU 22
4. Stout - ABV 4% IBU 33

The Pilsener is the sort of thing that you'd want on the deck on a hot sunny day. And it's always a hot sunny day here.

The IPA could be a little edgier, but its still a good drinking beer, and that's what we drank for the most part.

The White is a white. It's not bad, but, at the risk of sounding horribly politically correct, I'm just not so fond of Whites (weizen, weisse, etc).

And the Stout. This is a stout. It's not an aneroxic thing pretending to stoutness. Nor is it a disguised porter. It has that waterfull of creams on the pour, a silky head, and a reasonable body, but not too bitter.

And at 4%, this could be my first candidate for a session stout, something you can just sit around and drink a dozen of with your friends.

We were there for quite some time. The manager, Nik Kon, did an excellent job of keeping things manageable (which can be a feat at events like this), and a good time was had by all.

And all this for $13?

Sometimes the world can be a very good place to be.

3  Thank BKKPeter
Reviewed February 27, 2018

I've been making a point of trying every microbrewery in Cambodia and Kingdom Breweries may have been the best experience I've had yet. For $15 you get a tour of the brewery and unlimited beers for the next couple hours after the tour. I took the tour with an Icelandic couple, a Canadian working for a water purification company, and a German brewer. The tour was way more in-depth than I expected, explaining the whole process along with how they brew for companies all over Southeast Asia (Cambodia has lax regulation that makes it profitable for Thai and Singaporean companies to have their recipes contracted out to Kingdom). The guide spoke excellent English and was able to answer all of our questions, even the more complicated ones from those who are familiar with the brewing process. After the informative tour, my group spent the next few hours chatting and trying each of the four beers that were on tap that day (most of them multiple times). Be sure to take the tour earlier in the day so you have plenty of time to make use of the unlimited beer period. It's a great place to make some new friends.

3  Thank Ryan V
Reviewed February 9, 2018

We found the brewery just by chance. But I'm glad i stopped in. I honestly wasn't in it for the brewery tour itself (seen many already), but to taste the beers. And with "all you can drink for 2 hours" - boy did i taste some beers. Only thing better than the variety of beer (since i was only used to the 3 regular Cambodian beers), was the staff. Very friendly and had some great conversations. Just wish i had time to go back a second time. If you're in Phnom Penh for a few days, it's definitely worth checking out!

2  Thank DrJash