“Great Place to stay”

Royal Mekong Boutique Hotel
Ranked #58 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were upgraded to a larger room to accommodate 3 people. The room was very spacious. The place was very nice and the complimentary breakfast was a great addition. I would definitely recommend staying here. Our tuk tuk driver was great as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Chastain S
There are newer reviews for Royal Mekong Boutique Hotel

Reviewed December 16, 2012

A very clean friendly little place in a quiet street. The breakfast was lovely too with amazing choice! The hotel also has a great driver with access to a saloon car and a Tuk Tuk to show you the sights for a very reasonable rate. One thing of note was that the shower was cold and never got hot but I just got on with it!
Recommended hotel nearby to all the sights. Very clean with all the usual amenities such as TV, safe and kettle etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mercurial_Man
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is located in a quiet location, only 10-15 minutes from the National Museum, Palace and riverside areas. The room I had, 103, ground floor, was really spacious, it was clean and the bed was comfy. The breakfast variety was good, with over 30 choices, so something for all.

I had a good couple of days here and all the staff were brilliant, thanks for making my stay memorable. Thanks to Mr Sun for organising my trip back to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Wanted to treat myself for the final two nights of 3-week holiday in Cambodia, so decided to pay a bit more and stay at the Royal Mekong Hotel. Booked and paid for room in August (through Expedia). When I arrived 22 November they told me the room had been double booked and they couldn't accommodate me.
They did arrange for another room at a nearby hotel, but it was a different setup - bigger hotel and noisier location, so not at all what I wanted originally. Next time I'll stick with a cheaper hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Gabriel C
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I think this guesthouse charges too much for the quality of the rooms. I would not have feel like upset about poor attention and cleanliness if I had have chosen to stay in a cheaper place as I usually do in Cambodia. Other guests were very noisy and no one made them stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ella S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012, and enjoyed the clean, comfortable room. The staff were helpful with directions and tips for around town. The location is pretty decent for getting around as well. If I ever made the mistake of going to Phnom Penh again, I'd stay here for sure!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We liked this hotel during our first stay there in summer 2012. That's why we decided to stay there again (2 weeks later).

Unfortunately, they have serious problems with cleanliness. We had a mouse in our room. We reported it to the hotel staff and they were supposed to clean the room and put a mouse trap. They did nothing (although we thought they got rid of the mouse). Our last night there was horrible, I still have nightmares about it. We woke up because the mouse crawled on us in the bed. My boyfriend caught the mouse and showed it to the hotel staff. As we have paid for our stay already, they did not want to return any money. This was our last night in Cambodia, we did not have any situations like this even when staying at beach bungalows on small islands in Cambodia.

Cannot recommend it.