“Delicious gnocchi!”
Review of Genova - CLOSED

Genova
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kumming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious gnocchi!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Simple place, nice atmosphere, very pleasant owner, Roberto from Genova and, above all, excellent gnocchi with ragu' bolognese. Too bad I did not try the pesto sauce. Recommended if you crave for home made pasta.

• Visited September 2013

Bangkok, Thailand
“Original Italian Food in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went to "Trattoria Genova" yesterday for lunch and I loved the place so much that I had dinner there as well :) The restaurant is totally worth all the good rates.Food is fresh and tastes really like back home (I'm Italian) and the owner, Roberto, and his wife are really nice and can make you feel like you are home.I was craving for some pasta dishes so I gave a try to the "Linguine al pesto", the dish was amazing, the pesto sauce is homemade and is served with potatoes and green beans like the authentic Genova style.Pasta is perfectly cooked and most important thing
is cooked at the moment, so it may take a little more time to wait but the result will be guarantee.
After I ordered another classic Italian pasta dish, "Spaghetti Aglio,Olio e peperoncino",spaghetti garlic,olive oil and chilli, a very simple dish that need to be cooked the proper way and also in this case it was a 10/10, perfect "al dente" cooking, well balanced ingredients and delicious taste.Another pleasant surprise was the bill, only 7 $ (drinks excluded) a real bargain for an area overcrowded with foreigner aimed venues serving standardized food with zero personality and passion.Soon they will start with the home delivery service.Drinks are reasonably priced as well.In conclusion I will definitely come back to "Trattoria Genova" to try more amazing italian dishes.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank KhunSen80
Miami, Florida
“Rave reviews for this little gem!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Staying at The Billabong, we checked out Trip Advisor for a restaurant within walking distance, and we were lucky to choose Genova. We never dreamed we would find a fabulous home-cooked Italian dinner in the heart of Phnom Penh! The proprietor is from Genoa, and everything from the antipasto to the wonderful fresh pasta dishes to the tiramasu is authentic and delicious. We loved this restaurant so much that, after calling ahead, we returned the next night with a very large group of 21; somehow, Roberto and his talented wife accommodated us with grace and hospitality, and every one of us left raving about the amazing meal. As a testament to the quality of the food, some members of our group went back for more a couple nights later, a hearty endorsement for Roberto and his little slice of Genoa in Cambodia.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank lauriecoconutgrove
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fairly average”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Felt Genova was all very average. I went for the eggplant pasta which just didn't have so much flavor to it, my friend opted for the pesto, which again just didn't have much going for it. The owner is pleasant and the staff sufficient, but I just think the use of a few more 'Italian' herbs would make the food tastier. Price fairly average for the area where it is located, which is a bit away from the man restaurant area.

• Visited July 2013
Vientiane, Laos
“Unpretentious, delicious italian food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After walking past this place several times a week I tried it out. From the outside it doesn't look like much and doesn't really draw you in - but the food is excellent and good value.
For lunch I had ravioli with pesto the first time for $5-50; light, tasty and different. All pasta is made fresh.
There are magazines to reads and the news on the TV. Theres also a good selection of grappa, fernet, and other Italian spirits

• Visited June 2013