“Carefully prepared italian favorites; a PP treasure!”
Review of Genova homemade - CLOSED

Genova homemade
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

the owner really cares about his customers! food is fabulous!! inexpensive! ate there twice my last trip to pp. will return... do yourself a favor and go!! salad are great! daily speciALS ARE fantastic!!

1  Thank jmjesq

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited the Genova for dinner when I saw it in a non-descript area where I never expected a good meal. The food was good and the host was charming. Located in a converted shop without much decor, the pasta was fresh and the wine was very good value. They make an attempt to welcome everyone and make you relaxed. It is not formal but a good place for a meal.

2  Thank jimHanoi
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great food, including several vegetarian dishes.
I had penne with zucchini and egg plant and it was great.
The Italian owner could smile a bit more, but he wasn't unfriendly or anything, so I'm not complaining.

2  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to Genova because I was craving some good gnochi and pesto, and I wasn't disappointed. It was fresh and delicious. The pesto was served in a creamy sauce, which is exactly the sort of comfort food I was after!

I'm actually surprised this isn't more popular amongst Phnom Penh expats - although I'm sure many people have latched onto a good thing and are trying to keep it a secret!

I went by myself and didn't feel awkward at all. Plenty of reading material and a TV to keep me entertained. Some restaurants handles solo's well, and this is definitely one of them.

1  Thank jesdesu
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you want to enjoy some good Italian food while you're in Phnom Penh, you have to go to Roberto, Trattoria Genova, street 154.
I suggest ravioli with shrimps and gnocchi al pesto: real home taste!
William