“Best hostel!!! ”

Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh
London, United Kingdom
“Best hostel!!! ”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Friends had told me how good Mad Monkey was, so I took their word for it and I was so happy I did!! Overall a fantastic hostel! Great location, staff, food and a good vibe day and night!! Would recommend to everyone!! You'd be silly not to stay there rooms are clean with good AC and hot water!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Stevevaile, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to have you stay here we hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This MM location has many rooms and nice rooftop bar with friendly staff. Reception staff is not that helpful but are always around. Felt safe with all the security around. Big plus. Many rooms to choose from and they are all different. Some are more hotelish and others more like a room in a house.

Room Tip: Room 5 is awesome
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Stevevaile, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Thanks for your review, it was a pleasure having you here and we love hearing about our customers enjoying our Hostel. Have a great trip around Asia. Love Mad Monkeys
Southport, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Being a "middle aged person", I was a bit apprehensive staying in a hostel for 4 nights,( even though we had booked the private room with air con) but was very impressed with the standard and professionalism of this hostel and friendly, helpful staff! the owners are doing a great service to look after their staff, and help with their life in such a poor country.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your awesome review, it really helps us and we love hearing about our customers enjoying our Hostel. Have a lovely trip around Asia.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Staying overnight in Phnom Penh before heading north, Mad Monkey provided 5-star service, safe and comfy accommodations (I recommend a double room with air-conditioning), fantastic food/drinks, and friendly atmosphere. My room was silent and was a good choice for a single female traveling alone. Staff are incredibly helpful and cheery and full of travel suggestions. Ideal location - can walk around the quiet neighborhood and find amazing French bakeries and Australian bars, walk a bit farther (or tuk-tuk) to Ngon Restaurant for exquisite Vietnamese/Khmer food. Mainly guests are backpackers but very relaxed vibe and easy to meet people. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Stevevaile, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your response and review - we are delighted you enjoyed your time staying with us and wish you the very best of your travels in Asia.
Vasteras, Sweden
Reviewed April 20, 2014

If you're going to Phnom Penh this is the place you have to stay at.

First of all the food here is so delicious, everything you order is like heaven.. Second of all, the atmosphere in the mad monkey is awesome! The staff, the guests, the rooftop bar with the beerpong table, the art on the walls, and I can probably go on and on but it's better if you experience it by yourself! I can't even describe how grateful I am.. Thank you the mad monkey for letting me stay here, I had the time of my life!

Sothea and the girls at the reception, you're the reason why I have to come back to Phnom Penh in a few years. Cheers guys!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for your review it was great to have you staying with us ! Have a great trip!
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I hardly ever write reviews on here which is a true testiment to the overall quality of this place. I was seriously impressed with every single aspect of this hostel, I just wish they had Mad Monkey hostels in Vietnam which is my next stop!

The modern, spotless and comfortable dorm rooms were a great place to meet people and the staff were all SO friendly, especially Sothea who really went out his way on many occasions to make sure we got everything we needed. I had to get them on Facebook before I left to stay in touch.

One last thing, the food they serve in the restaurant was unbelievably delicious, at $5-6 for most mains (which were very generous in terms of portion size) it was a little out of my ideal budget, but still found myself eating almost every meal there as I couldn't resist!

In conclusion, fantastic place, food, staff, atmosphere and also a complete bargain!

• Stayed April 2014
MadMonkeyPP, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Phnom Penh, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are looking forward to seeing you again! In 90% of cases its the guest that defines how much of a great time they have here and you were an awesome guest! Thanks so much - please do come back soon! Thank you for staying at our socially responsible hostel.
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, probably the best I've had this trip. The staff helped us with EVERYTHING. They also have a very good restaurant and a large variety of food on the menu. And the best place in phnom pen to start your big night out is with some beerpong in their rooftop sunset bar! Be sure to take a bazooka aswell for your country!

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for your lovely review - thank you for choosing The Mad Monkey. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon! Much love!