“Wow - Thank you”

Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel
Ranked #82 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Dear All

I was staying - with my friend - twice at the Frangipani in Phnom Phen. The hotel is a "bijoux" and absolutely great located. We had a wonderful time there. Breakfast is a delight. But the best thing is the Staff: The reception, the cleaners, the waiters and Mr. Kemara (the best driver in Sout East Asia - ask for him, when you have plans) are super.

Thanks, it was great, daniel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My flight arrived early in Phnom Penh and the hotel was full so there was no way i could check in early.

The staff went all the way out to extend their warm welcome and eagerly and ready to pleased you anytime.

The room is big and clean. They upgraded me to suite room that comes with a balcony. I love the bathtub, huge bathtub.

The Museum is just stone throw away and the palace just short walking distance.

Overall, I am happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My feelings about the Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel are very mixed. Who ever planed the place did a nice job, but the running of it is a different matter. For the rates they are asking I would expect some more professionalism. Towels and bed sheets without stains would have been nice, and leaving the dirty dishes from last nights room service behind after making up the room is really odd. Also the air-condition wasn't up to the challenge really, but I thought like this I get used to the outside heat better. On check out the credit card machine did not work - that can happen, and I was lucky I had enough cash on me but the bus was waiting, so I don't know what would have happened otherwise. So what did I like about the place, well first and foremost its location. For tourist activities it could not be better, and I admire what they have done with the limited space and materials at hand.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anvigo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel was one of the best accommodations we have experienced during a four month long trip thru Europe, Eastern Europe, and Southeast Asia.

Located a few blocks from the riverfront and the Palace, its entrance is down an down an 8 foot wide alley, off a main street. This gives the building privacy from the street.

When booking our room online, we specifically requested a top floor, in a quiet section of the hotel away from the stairs. We also asked that the room be non-smoking and that there not be any musty or perfumed odors. We were delighted to find that the staff had fully honored each of our requests. During our stay, all staff were welcoming, pleasant and helpful.

We booked a double suite room, thinking it would offer the space needed for us to handle some business details while there. We had enough room to spread out our gear, relax, read, and work independently on our computers. We could move around and not be in each other’s way. The room was extremely clean and very quiet.

The construction is poured concrete on the floor and walls with a portion of the walls being floor-to-ceiling brick accent which we found to be quite attractive. An unusually nice bathroom had a concrete tub/shower combination. There was ample hot water. Everything about our room was comfortable.

The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast with Asian and American choices and everything we ate was quite good.

Room Tip: We requested and received a top floor away from any noise. We paid extra for a suite and were not so...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After stayed 2 nights still miss this hotel and will go back to stay again, all staff are fiendly and helpful even security at the entrance. The room is very nice, large and make me oversleep all night. Wifi connection was well working and do my work even on holiday. Hotel located at a great place easy to go all attraction places in Phnom Penh, Royal Palace, River...I would like to recommand this hotel if you go Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: Junior Suite room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been there for 2 days and I feel comfortable in terms of services, location and environment. I made a booking to wrong date but staff helped me to check in with pleasure help. The location is really great and decoration is really good to me. The issue I got was the internet connection. I always got time out frequently. I am happy with the creativity set for this hotel. In general, it's really good to be there.

Room Tip: Any room you choose, you will feel it's environmental hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We booked this hotel for one night after reading all positive reviews but we were quite disappointed.
The main issue was that there was no warm water for us to take a shower in the evening. We were told to wait one hour or two but no success. In the morning, same story... This is really a huge problem when you travelled all day.

Besides this the airco was noisy and blowing cold air (this is normal, indeed) but right on the bed which made it very incomfortable.

The breakfast was good but with very limited choice and quatity served at the table (no buffet).

The situation of the hotel is excellent and the decoration nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger rooms with bath.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family