“Would recommend ”

Velkommen Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 335 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

For the 15$ i spent it had everything I needed. Air conditioning, clean comfortable and good location. The staff and the owner are very friendly as well as helpful. Will most likely stay there everytime I visit Pnom Pehn. Would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced place to stay. We stayed in the kind sweet the second time around because they were out of budget rooms. It was massive and very comfortable. Nice balcony.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent value for money - Staff here are really lovely and friendly. Good location near the river and restaurants. Enjoyed my stay here. Would definitely come back to velkommen when we are back in cambodia.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My 2 friends and I heard good reviews about velkommen prior to our Cambodia trip and so we decided to give it a try. It turned out to be better than what we expected! The room in siem reap was spacious, clean and well furnished; and it was only 7 dollars each for each person! Having had such a positive experience, we decided to stay on velkommen guesthouse in Phnom Penh as well. Indeed, it did not disappoint with it's spacious and clean rooms, topped off with good service from the staff. Overall a wonderful experience with Velkommen and we will definitely choose velkommen in the future when we come back again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

i love to stay here..i get what i want.. the room was very clean,friendly staf, ect and everything was good.we stayed for 2 nites there. the places also nearest with stalls and restaurant.for muslim tourist, there are halal restaurant around there.very reasonable price and tasty.

Room Tip: room for 4 person so big..can stay for many...save ur budget;)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nurasyam
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here for only one night, but found it ideal. The guesthouse is conveniently located on a side street near the river, and on the whole was tidy and clean. I stayed in a spacious and comfortable room (I was lucky to get the last available room) at a very reasonable price.

The staff was pleasant and most helpful, and it was pleasant to sit at the bar and chat with them or simply relax. And when I was about to jump in my reserved cab to leave for the south coast, the Velkommen owner somehow realized that the cabbie was mistaken about my destination and various other details about the cab ride. Fortunately for me -- and for the cabbie -- the owner confirmed where I wanted to go and confirmed that the cabbie would take me there.

All told, Velkommen Guesthouse is a fine, reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Velkommen Guesthouse. I had a very nice large room with balcony for $35 U.S. a night. The minibar was stocked with very reasonably priced drinks (only 10c higher than 7 eleven). The place was very clean and quiet at night. Hotel is guest friendly for single travelers. Breakfast was quite reasonable and good. Wifi is free and reasonably fast. Location half a block from the river on street 144. The nearest street with bars is one block away, far enough to be quiet at night but close enough to walk. The area is full of good restaurants. I'll stay here again next time I visit Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: No pool or gym...it's a small guesthouse. No elevator, so ask for rooms on lower floors if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DaveMorton
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I found the Velkommen in Siem Reap first so this was my first choice for a short stay in Phnom Penh. The hosts are really friendly and knowlegable about the area and the food is very good. The location is excellent and walking distance to the river, the markets, the Kings Palace and many other great things to see and do. They also have tuk tuk drivers they recommend who speak great English and are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this as a safe, clean and friendly place to stay that is a great value.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor at the front of the builiding with a balcony..it was a great room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo