“I'll be back!”

Ranked #12 of 318 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“I'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

During a short visit to Phnom Penh, Velkommen Inn Guesthouse was a pleasant experience. The room was comfortable and the staff was friendly and accomodating. In the evening the bar created a friendly atmosphere for the guests. I will defininitely come back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked for 2 nights but last minute decided to take the night bus over to Siem Reap instead. Gavin was kind enough and only charged me for my 1 night stay. And because it was a night bus, we asked if we could use their common bathroom to shower before we hop onto the bus and he gladly allowed.

Having said that, I didnt really like our room. There was some strange smell in the room, the room, the bed, the design and furniture are pretty old. But i guess I can't complain much for the price we paid.

What made up the entirely experience here was the good service and the clean room.
But the common bathroom was pretty disgusting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is very good with the staff. Location is right close the river and left the market. One buy nearly anything and bakery, hairdresser. Change money and help with mobile like local simcard.
Plenty of bars. Local restuarants with food and different prices.
Also the harriers meet Friday evening P2P3.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I planned on staying for 2 nights but as it turned out I changed plans and asked for a late check-out charge (4:30pm) on day 2. The owner told me I had to pay for a full night and that there was no further discussion. Very unaccommodating, especially in the "hospitality" industry. Also, food is over-priced and the room was not worth the $30 I paid (well $60 in this case).

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shelface
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in this guesthouse during our travels around Cambodia in Pnomh Penh for 4 nights... overall we had a great stay, the location was perfect, the staff were sooo lovely and friendly cant praise them enough the only down point was that our room was a little dingy and chlostrophobic!

The owner Gavin is a really nice guy and his staff were really friendly and efficient. Their tuktuk driver, (Poly?) was absolutely fantastic, such a friendly man and took us where ever we wanted to go for great price and even came back to get us!!!!

As I say, I really think it depends on the room you get, as a lot of the other rooms we saw were a lot more spacious and the more expensive ones had balconys etc. Our one in particular was very clean, comfy bed, lots of storage space, great shower, the only issue was that it was very dark you couldnt see out of the window - but that would not stop us staying again, we would simply try another room!

Thank you so much for having us, I am sure if we come back to Pnomh Penh, you will be our first port of call :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed in a double room for 2 nights a week back. Staff were really friendly and helpful, and I got to know a few of them working here as well as at the Velkommen Backpackers which is located just across the lane. The aircon in the room was never quite functioning properly (the temperature didnt feel anywhere close to the 20C that I had set it at) but I could make do with the fan/aircon combination. The bathroom was really spacious (water heater though present and functioning is probably never going to be needed given the weather).

The place is located really close to the riverside, along which there are plenty of bars/restaurants/shops/massage parlours. The adjacent street (number 136) was also throbbing with nightlife should you feel inclined for some partying. There is also a morning market (which the locals go to for groceries) a couple of streets down from the hotel worth checking out.

The Royal Palace and Wat Ounalom are also a short walk away. Speak to the tuk-tuk drivers directly should you need to get around town to see the attractions not within walking distance. I personally had a pleasant chap named Oscar take me around, but I'm certain there are plenty of other good drivers that the hotel can recommend.

Room Tip: There is no lift in the hotel. My room was labelled to be on the 5th floor, but it was actually on t...