“Flexible, knowledgeable, very friendly”
Review of Mango Cambodia

Mango Cambodia
Ranked #10 of 133 Tours in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MANGO CAMBODIA is a small but perfectly formed independent tour company based in the heart of “the hidden pearl of Asia”, Phnom Penh. Our team of discerning westerners and inspired locals has designed a range of Boutique Holidays, one-day Tours and “Detours” to enable our clients to explore the very best of the captivating Kingdom of Cambodia.
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I live in Cambodia and when my parents planned to visit me, I wanted to connect them with a company that could tailor a trip to what they wanted to see. They had never been to Asia and I wasn't sure my Cambodian highlights would match theirs. Mango put together a two-week itinerary that included tour guides, accommodations and transportation around the country. I accompanied my parents on their travels here, and even though I had been living here for seven months already, I got quite a bit out of the experience as well. Mango helped me get the most out places like Kep, Siem Riep and Phnom Penh-- all places with which I was well acquainted but which Mango helped me experience in a new light. Amazing.

More importantly, my parents got to understand why I love this country so much and I know this was one of the most unique travel experiences they have ever had. Danielle and the team at Mango were also able to make quick changes in the itinerary when we decided we wanted to see something else instead. Having that flexibility to make adjustments is liberating. Finally, the guides and drivers who accompanied us from the airport to our hotels, and to and from all the different spots we visited, were attentive and exhibited the wonderful friendliness and hospitality that to me is Cambodia's greatest asset. Cambodians are some of the friendliest people I've met and Mango is no different. A highlight was when one of Mango's own, Sophea, took us outside Phnom Penh to meet his family, explore his village and even help teach the classes at the school he has started! Go with Mango and you'll get to see all the things Cambodia's famous for as well as that which is off the beaten track.

1  Thank kaijest
"checking tripadvisor"
"helped organise"
"kampong khleang"

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I decided to go to cambodia on the spur of the moment and write to mango cambodia to organise my two wk holiday. They were really prompt in their response and planned the perfect trip with an excellent balance of relaxation and adventure/ sights. I really felt like I was off the beaten track, especially being the only tourist in the stilted village. The guides here and at the temples were extraordinary giving an introduction this country is worthy of. I felt very safe being a girl travelling on her own and danielle from mango cambodia was available on the end of a phone if I ever needed anything (which was only once as ever thing was perfectly planned). I feel like I have made some new friends here! I really can't say enough about this holiday! Thank you mango cambodia!

1  Thank Mikadave
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am an expat living in Cambodia and I have taken two daily tour trips and a short break getaway with Mango. This has been an excellent way of discovering amazing and unique sites which would otherwise be difficult to know about and access. Lunches included in the day trips are excellent, I could even say between the best traditional Cambodian meals I have had. Tour guides were very kind, knowledgeable and eager to share their culture with the group. We always had drinks and cold towels at our disposition and comfortable transport. Their tours are also a great way of meeting new people. In my case, it was when I had recently arrived in Phnom Penh that I began joining Mango´s tours and it is how I met some of my best friends here.

1  Thank ArletteC717
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Thank you Mango for an incredible time.
I travelled with my two teenage daughters, taking a custom made tour which included personal and very out of the way requests. The guides were informative and helpful, the driver amazingly skilled negotiating the traffic of Phnom Penh, and the sights and people were just captivating. This was not just a holiday, it was an experience and one we shall never forget. Thank you Danielle and the team for making a marvelous memory.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I learned of Mango Cambodia through a tour book and then checked out on-line reviews, which were all positive, before contacting them myself. Now that I am back from my trip, I am very happy to add to their positive reviews. I can't say enough good things about Mango Cambodia and the particular representative I worked with, Danielle. From the very beginning of my contact, Mango was completely responsive and responsible. Prior to the trip, they answered all my questions promptly and with care, and provided me with any extra information I requested. For example, when I made an additional inquiry about tipping in several different situations, I got a detailed response that addressed all my concerns. During the trip itself, I couldn't have asked for more. Every aspect of the trip worked beautifully - all the transfers to and from airports were completely hassle-free. Drivers and tour guides were very good, again responsible and reliable. Hotels were selected that matched what I was looking for and again reflected how carefully Mango Cambodia listens to their clients. Activities were selected based on my particular interests and they were spectacular. Even during a part of my trip when I was on my own and not with Mango Cambodia, Danielle was still available to answer some questions I had. For someone traveling solo, this meant a lot to me because I felt like there was always someone nearby in case I had a problem.
My trip was terrific and I credit Danielle and Mango Cambodia for making that possible.

2  Thank jbellzell