“A place you can't miss while in PP”
Review of Sisowath Quay

Phnom Penh Full-Day Small-Group City Tour
Jakarta, Indonesia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A place you can't miss while in PP”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Whether you stay in one of the hotels in the area or just visiting the riverside to eat or walk, this is a place you can't miss in Phnom Penh. The Royal Palace would be a good place to start for exploring the area, followed by a stroll along the quay while looking for a place to eat. Plenty of good places to eat there. There is a pier from which you can board on a sunset cruise for about an hour, be sure to pick the time that is not too early or too late to watch the sun sets behind the wats and Royal Palace. I would recommend a stay in one of the hotels right by the river side in a room with a river view.

Visited November 2012

• Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great place just to sit and watch Cambodia..”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A great hangout location to sit and watch the world go by in Cambodia. At night the place really comes alive. Good bars and restaurants all within walking distance. Could be a nice place for a late night hand in hand walk with your partner.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TravelingManJack
Jakarta, Indonesia
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Catch a sunrise at Sisowath Quay”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I came here early in the morning around 6 am, the riverfront already full with local people, some just sit around the river, some take a gym, and some like me, just enjoy the fresh air and giving some birds a corn. I bring my camera, since they said the sunrise will come in this place, so i wait and a beautiful sun coming above the tonlesap river. Never mind sitting here a bit long

Visited March 2013
2 Thank dhe_mulyani
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
259 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 399 helpful votes
“Popular place to spend an evening”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had two nights in Phnom Penh and spent both on Sisowath Quay. It was too far to walk from our hotel (Villa Paradiso) and didn't really trust our sense of direction to attempt it so took a very cheap tuk tuk each way.
Quite honestly we were a little disappointed as we thought there might be a little bit more going on. There were only a few bars on the quay that looked welcoming and the side streets seemed to be nothing but hostess bars.
Unfortunately we didn't have any spare time in the city to walk along the quay during the day.

Visited November 2012
London
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“the best place to hang out in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

For anyone considering where to stay in Phnom Penh, I'd strongly suggest you stay around here. I'm my forays into other parts of the city I was struck by how unenticing the streets were. Here, you have a choice of hotels and restaurants and the surroundings are superb. They've done a great job on the riverwalk.

My hotel was on the riverfront and I had a view overlooking the Mekong. Not only is the area spotless but there's always people about. It goes a bit quiet around midnight when the few food vendors pack up but by 4am there's plenty of walkers and joggers around (and a few groups of people coming home from nightclubs by the look of it).

The cafes and restaurants around there may be a bit pricier than others but down the backstreets they're more reasonable. Beggars are a problem and it does get tiresome brushing them off.

I have to say, I sat in the comfiest chairs in some of those bars. Siem Reap had nothing even close that I found and I did go looking, believe me.

Visited February 2013