“You must eat here if you visit Phnom Penh - excellent food and service!”

Open Wine Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 1,503 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A french restaurant operating since 2006, in the center of Phnom Penh, just behind the Royal Palace.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I went here on our weekend visit to Phnom Penh. Since it was her birthday I was tasked with finding a nice French restaurant for us to celebrate. I emailed Open Wine to make the booking and I mentioned it was her birthday.

When we arrived we were greeted by Philippe, one of the owners. Without me even asking, Philippe arranged 2 complimentary glasses of champagne and flowers for our table. For dinner we had a bottle of wine and

Starters:
Duck foie gras on mushroom toast
Escargots

Main:
Roast Chicken with morels
Veal linguine

The food was excellent, some of the best french food we've had. At the end of the meal the staff brought out a great (complimentary) birthday cake for my wife. We were very impressed with the food and the service here. The bill was about US$100 which seemed like excellent value for the quality of food and service. We went to another top ranked French restaurant in Phnom Penh the night before and found Open Wine much better. Thanks Philippe and Franck!

1  Thank MickNet

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Open Wine was recommended by one of my friends working here. We returned there 4 times during our stay because the food was so nice and I love French style cuisine. For lunch they serve an excellent $12 3 course business lunch menu. On the classic menu card my favorite is the home made fois gras and the magret de canard. A wide range of wine is available and all for an affordable price. A nice place to stay. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were there last night. The mussels were yummy, the steak de bouef was good value for money. FYI, it's available as a 500g portion -you don't need to order the 1kg portion as listed in the menu!

Dessert was tasty too....we had rum baba. Service was also good.

If there is one complaint, it's that they don't have proper steak knives... the steak was pretty darn difficult to cut.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

One of the best French fine dinning restaurant in Phnom Penh. The foods are extraordinary, especially the seared foie gras (MUST TRY!). The set lunch and dinner a la carte are also perfectly combine and in affordable price. So I think this restaurant has 5 star food quality with very reasonable or affordable price.

And one more thing, this place is very perfect to have ... wine!

1  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is the best French restaurant in town, especially considering the pricing. The dishes are authentic, true French terroir cuisine. I definitely recommend the excellent cassoulet or the Daube à la Provençale, my favorite. The Monday-Friday lunch menu at $10 for three dishes is amazing and the best price/quality/quantity report you can get in Phnom Penh for European cuisine.