“Amazing”

Open Wine Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 1,487 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A french restaurant operating since 2006, in the center of Phnom Penh, just behind the Royal Palace.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is amazing! How the owner can serve such delicious food at that price!?

Coming from Bangkok, I dream about such value for money.

The lunch menu is at 10 US$ net, including appetizer, main course and dessert!

Finaly a real bread, baked brown, crusty and well seasoned. All the food are well prepared, well seasonned, large portion.

The owner is really nice and respect the clientele. If you go to Phnom Penh and you want to try a real French restaurant with an exeptional value for money, I strongly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I had high expectations for the Open Wine/Wine Restaurant after reading the reviews on TA, but we're not particularly impressed by either the food or the service. We went for the Business Lunch and the menu selection is quite impressive and, at first glance seems to be great value for French cuisine, even if pricey by Cambodian standards. The setting is pretty and well- located for those staying in the touristy area near the river..for us, staying about 5km away, beyond the City Mall, it's a bit of a walk or a couple of dollars in a tuk-tuk. Lunch service was relatively quick, but not very attentive or friendly (we had to chase staff to refresh drinks- not good business, fellas!) For entrees, we had the Salmon Carpaccio, which was nice but nothing special, and the Leek and Potato Soup, which was watery and lacked seasoning. For Mains, I had the Seabass (probably the best of the dishes we tried) - cooked well, but needed more lime on the side; my husband had the Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce, which was overlooked, dry and very lacking in FAVOUR, especially mushroom flavour....and the mash potatoes were exceptionally ordinary. My Apple Tart for dessert was nice but a bit burned and his Creme Caramel was just on the verge of breaking....and we were early launchers, so really no excuse. Hubby ordered a double Expresso which was not even close to standard, but my Kir Royale was almost adequate. So the verdict is, although the price is fairly cheap, the quality of the food reflects this. Go there if you are happy with "Very Average."

Reviewed September 24, 2012

You will not find a better restaurant for lunch in PP city.

The very French Wine Restaurant located on the corner of St. 240/19 close to Decosy serves 3 courses for 10 USD and wine by the glass. We had the Salmon Carpaccio and a trio of terrines, followed by the Butchers burger and a delicious red snapper. The Burger was perfect with crisp fries. Had 2 cappucino and the awesome apple pie - very elegant, thin and delicate.

With drinks we ended up spending 30 USD. And might I add, had a very light dinner that evening.

We definitely have a new favourite place for lunch in PP!

1  Thank Bo B
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I like the place, simple but good. Service and quality were both very good. Open wine has a good selection of wine and their lunch set is unbelievable. Great value! Keep up...

Reviewed August 14, 2012

As I said in the title good food and good service with a nice buzzy atmosphere make this a good choice for a meal out. The name of the restaurant is Open Wine and they serve a delicious french cuisine 10$ business menu.