“I use this hotel monthly 20usd location very good - average”

NaNa Hotel & Caffe Restaurant
Ranked #209 of 278 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Hello i can tell you this hotel simple breakfast 20usd per day , price for location and it is clean , there are the small things some rooms have problem , can be the aircon no work to well , example have to pray to god to be cooler , need time ... , the shower nothing to hang your towel , daily cleaning all ok staff friendly try to help you for your needs . if a room is any problem they give you change it . Is all about the owner that is no like to renew things or want carry costs , so i am sure the owner will no be cambodian for this hotel. Some rooms have safe ,also safe downstairs at lobby , stay 1 week can get some discount 5% , you need ask on checkin about this . fronside noise . The location is why i take this hotel ,have good camera security and downstair police are sleeping there evryday next to your motorbike . if you take somebody to share the night with you , and she go back home during the night , the lobby call you to check if you are ok , IF they not fall a sleep already at the lobby . hehe .
So location and clean is good to stay , FLATSCREEN TV 22 INCH HOT SHOWER .iN 100METER have some nice places and pubs and disco 2 places , near riverside 1km.

Room Tip: not choose at the front , at the back the dog can wake you up also , between the back and the front...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kurt V

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I'm staying at this hotel for 12 days. Found some small cockcoach at the hotel room and the toilet curtain dirty and not even changing for the 12 days of my staying. When they come for room services, they just change the mineral water and clear the rubbish.
The breakfast provided everyday are the same and lack of choice. Not in to the taste.
I am asking the reception weather can make payment by credit card, the answer was yes. But when I checkout time, they told me that cannot make payment thru credit card. I'm so shock coz I don't have that much cash on hand. This was terrible I cannot check out and I'm catching for flight.
For the wifi, is worst and sometimes cannot connect at all. Because it was not a fix IP address, so better install the IP address apps.

Room Tip: Better prepaid cash for checkout
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed in this hotel last month, I met hotel manager Mr. Samnang he was nice guy.
The hotel room was nice, but receptionist was so slow when I called to request some extra pillows for my family. Any way, Just comments only are not complain.
Hotel should train the staff properly, and teach them how to serve guest.
I do hope that service will be improved when I go back and stay there.

Room Tip: Room facing to noisy road
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The first room they put me in was all the way across the other side of the hotel on the "b" side which was too far away from the lifts, you had to walk to the end of the corridor and out an extended balcony area to another corridor full of rooms. I don't know why they did this because when I asked to be moved they had plenty of double rooms on the "a" side of the hotel.

Second room had a broken AC so I had to move again and the showerhead kept coming off, not something you want to see in a recently renovated place. The whole process took longer than I expected, staff drag their feet when doing anything at all. Once I was settled in the third room everything seemed good although rooms are smaller than what you would usually get for the price. There is a lot of noise coming from the shops opposite the entrance of the hotel, I thought that I had taken a step to avoid that asking for a room near the rear but the sound travels quite far into the building. There's also some other homes and establishments surrounding the hotel so there's always some kind of noise, it's difficult to avoid in a hotel in this area and it wasn't as bad as other places I stayed at.
There's a lot of banging noises from the doors and other guests you can hear clearly throughout the hotel. I guess that's not directly the hotels fault.

Big thick curtains do a good job of covering up the sun from coming in through the windows but they also cover up the extremely dusty window screens which seem to have been ignored by room service staff.

There is a strong carbon monoxide smell which I guess comes from all the traffic on the road, which occasionally fills the rooms, I experienced the same thing in other hotels in the area as well.

Staff:
Most of the staff are pretty flippant about their jobs, there's a fat guy with glasses at the front desk who loves to take his time with things and loves to make you wait. Most of the time I dealt with the guy he was multitasking between his job and playing on his phone. The female front desk staff were a little more professional in their approach, but this didn't stop them from losing track of my laundry getting it done the day after I had submitted it and then not being able to find it right away on the day of collection.

I had an empty duty free bag folded up nicely plus some bits of paper with rough itineraries and notes, nothing important but clearly not trash which housekeeping took and got rid off. I saw the lady using the bag for her belongings and I had to ask for it back and explain it was not trash and I needed to use it. No sign of the other bits of paper though. Possibly an honest mistake but annoying.

I don't usually have too much tocomplain about staying at a 20 dollar hotel but I felt this place is not performing up to it's potential especially in the service department. Location is not bad, noise from the bars and shops across the street but also close to the Central Market and Sorya Shopping Centre.

Room Tip: Do not take the tuk tuk's or moto's outside the hotel, walk a bit around the corner, you are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed here last time I was in Phnom Penh because the price was good for the room, I liked the location near the central market, and because the staff were actually nice and the breakfast decent. But this now feels like a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

While the lady at the reception did give me a glimpse of recognition (or so I believe), it was devoid of any actual emotion. I remember her smiling and laughing, but am afraid she has now been replaced by a robot with weak batteries. The merger with the next door Circuit hotel (a much sleazier, dirtier and more unpleasant hotel that was later merged with the Nana hotel) clearly took its toll and, I'm sorry to say, came out as the obvious winner.

I could only stand the room for one night. The prices have gone up drastically, the rooms were dirty and the complimentary variety of soaps (they have apparently realized that it is cheaper and faster to stack old pieces pf soap on top of one another rather than go through the long process of cleaning residue and leaving fresh soap) was an interesting but unappreciated selection, as were the dirty glasses on the sink and the used razor underneath the window. The hose for the shower was broken, so it was like showering with a garden hose. Numerous long hair that I only wish belonged to me were scattered over the bathroom and room floor, but at this point I had given up the fight. I was able to access my own toiletries out of my bad, but did not unpack and could to wait to move one

Oh, it is probably also worth mentioning that this hotel now offers rooms "by the hour" (and no, most people usually do not pay 10-15$ for a 3 hour nap). That may or may not explain why I was awakened at 1:30 in the morning by a couple that screamed at either, then either "pushed" one another or removed furniture until about 6:30 in the morning. The walls are paper thin, so I could hear them speak, but it was not English... Being a positive person, I appreciated being up so early as I remembered that 6:30 was the earliest you could go down to get breakfast, but the selection has now gone down from a selection of both western and Asian food to four miserable options of uninspiring poorly cooked eggs, onions, rice and something else I did not bother to examine closely. In any case, despite being the second one in the breakfast room, the selection could not prevent me from crossing the street to purchase some bottled orange juice and dry cookies which seemed far more appealing.

Too bad, this was once a genuinely nice place. As a tip, if your plans don't involve bringing prostitutes for more than a few hours (in which case you can do a pit stop at Nana), the Bolina hotel a few meters further down is nothing extraordinary, but it has larger, cheaper and cleaner rooms. Also, even though that doesn't mean much in comparison, the staff is a LOT friendlier.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank gohabsgo2028
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looks good from the outside and the room also neat and well sized but the cockroaches come out to play. After quietly mentioning the issue they said they would spray the room. But upon our return we had a pile of dead cockroaches along with plenty of healthy living ones. We were charged $25 without breakfast even though it seems to be included in that rate. If you don't mind sharing your room with cockroaches then you won't mind this hotel. There are many other options around. Enjoy your travels!! If you stay here bring a bug squashing tool. P.s this is the only hotel where we found the service to be unfriendly and unwilling to want to help.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was rather dirty as we found not just one, but several small bugs and roaches within the room itself. It had hence seriously affected our sleep quality.

Still, at only USD$20+ for a night with breakfast for two, it is a steal as it is in a fantastic location with close proximity to the Central Market and Sorya Shopping Center.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple