“A friendly and fun place to go”
Review of Okun Cha - CLOSED

Okun Cha
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I understand that this restaurant has been open for only about six months. In an area where food choices are limited at best, this was a pleasant little oasis with good French cooking and a decent and reasobably priced wine list. Choice of open air or inside seating.
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I go to Okun Cha on a regular basis, It is definitely not a girly bar as a previous reviewer called it. The staff are some of the friendliest I have come across in Phnom Penh which is why I go there. Yes it has more class than most run of the mill bars. I use the bar as I love the atmosphere and it is a very comfortable place to go. I am sorry Jane had a bad experience I can only think it must have been a bad day as happens in some restaurants

1  Thank tomedguy

Reviewed May 24, 2012

it is a really nice and relaxing place , where we all can go having a really good food and drink.... cool drink , friendly staff , comfortable sit ..etc....
Anyway , even if this restaurant it in the middle of street 136 but i could tell , it not that kind of place that some people thought , let try and see. thanks for a really nice and friendly staff, hopefully i will back soon with all my friends...... regard

1  Thank ashley v
Reviewed November 11, 2011

A tuk tuk driver suggested this place to us, with hindsight we think he must have been having a laugh taking 4 women here. The restaurant is in the middle of a string of seedie girlie bars / brothels on Street 136. When we first arrived we queried the tuk tuk driver but he reassured us this was a restaurant, and yes it did look a lot nicer than all the girlie bars around so we took his word for it. On entering it was very nicely decorated, cool aircon, and seemed to be frequested by men in suits - nothing initially unusual. It took about 10 minutes before a waitress bothered to come over to our table to take our order and that was with us always having to ask. As we were waiting for our meals it slowly dawned on us why the waitresses may have been so reluctant to serve a table of women. As we looked around we noticed the waitresses kept sitting with the male customers and intimate chatting and knee fondling was going on, hardly the behaviour you expect from 'normal' waitresses. Needless to say, we ate our food as quick as we could and made a prompt exit. Not a place to go to unless you enjoy fondling young women whilst you dine! Just for the record, the food was nothing special either, and definately overpriced for this part of town.

1  Thank hayward_jane16
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place is easy to locate, just at the corner of st 136, and less than 2 minutes from the river front.
Found the food OK to my taste. Ordered duck in honey sauce, and dislike the vegetables that goes with it. Instead of steaming the vegetables, they deep fried all of them including the cauliflower.
Beer in mug is $1 during happy hour and there only few guests present during peak dinner time, when I was there.

1  Thank Bizworks
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Okun Cha serve Khmer, Thai, French and Western cuisine. They have quite a selection from a fabulous menu. I visited with a few friends and the service in the restaurant was fantastic. The staff were very attentive and quick to refill our drinks.

We all had entrée and main meals and we were all very pleased with our selections. The food was impeccable. The beer was cold, the cocktails were great, the staff were friendly...what more could you ask for...

Thank you to the staff at Okun Cha...We all had a great night :-)

2  Thank Arkadia S