“Central location and easy to locate”
Review of Okun Cha

Okun Cha
Ranked #900 of 1,470 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: I understand that this restaurant has been open for only about six months. In an area where food choices are limited at best, this was a pleasant little oasis with good French cooking and a decent and reasobably priced wine list. Choice of open air or inside seating.
Singapore, Singapore
“Central location and easy to locate”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This place is easy to locate, just at the corner of st 136, and less than 2 minutes from the river front.
Found the food OK to my taste. Ordered duck in honey sauce, and dislike the vegetables that goes with it. Instead of steaming the vegetables, they deep fried all of them including the cauliflower.
Beer in mug is $1 during happy hour and there only few guests present during peak dinner time, when I was there.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Bizworks

Sydney, Australia
“Great food, great place,”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Okun Cha serve Khmer, Thai, French and Western cuisine. They have quite a selection from a fabulous menu. I visited with a few friends and the service in the restaurant was fantastic. The staff were very attentive and quick to refill our drinks.

We all had entrée and main meals and we were all very pleased with our selections. The food was impeccable. The beer was cold, the cocktails were great, the staff were friendly...what more could you ask for...

Thank you to the staff at Okun Cha...We all had a great night :-)

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Arkadia S
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Truely Remarkable, an absolute achievement in gastronomy”
Reviewed March 24, 2011

In PP for more than 3 years now, I’ve been going to the Okun ever since my first time. I am in the Food and Beverage industry myself, and I must say that I received a lesson from that small corner restaurant. The prices are those of a brasserie (count 10$ to 20$ per pax for lunch) but the food quality far exceeds the highest expectations. I have been truly amazed by every aspect of the food. The bread, delivered promptly, heated, perfect crisp, the butter is cold but doesn’t have the usual refrigeration “after taste”, the steamed vegetables are a delight for health, color texture and taste, the honey duck (for 6.5$!) is without a doubt one of the best I ever had, the beef is leaving me speech less, the Chocolate Fondant is a “must have” experience. I still cannot figure out why this restaurant isn’t absolutely full every lunch (it is at dinner time) or how such a high quality could be thrown in such a humble (but clean) environment.

• Visited March 2011