In general I could say that it was a good hotel, I would recommend it.
There are some things they should improve, though:
1) Absolutely noisy if you stay in a room facing the street. Windows could be improved to prevent all that noise from coming in (these are deluxe rooms). If you wake up easily during the night, avoid these rooms.
2) Shower water was hot, but only for two minutes. after that...no more hot water. It is hot on phnom penh all year round, but for those like me who enjoy hot showers no matter how hot it is outside, it might be a little bothering.
3) I don't know if it was plain bad luck, but we got to see a bunch if older western guys having meals at the hotel with prostitutes. This happened during our whole stay.
Maybe for some people this last point is not important, but it made me feel uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and enjoy the royal treatment at Silver River Hotel located in a bustling downtown called Kandal Market, where business and leisure travelers always make their first choice of the area for their hotels. Silver River Hotel is just a walk away from landmarks such as Royal Palace, National Museum and the spectacular view along Tonle Sap and Mekong rivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver River Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.